Need Info

ishary
on 10/25/10 7:05 am - Whittier, CA
I havent posted on this site in a very long while.
I am getting ready to book a VSG for my daughter. I had my surgery with Dr. Almanza and in no way do I want her going to anyone affiliated with him or Betancourt.
I was sure I was going to book with Dr. Aceves, but today after looking on this site I see many good postings about Dr. Rodriguez as well.....

I called and left a msg with a Dr. Kelly.
I need info on cost and opinions on other docs.
I am thinking we will be making the trip in January.

Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

Boscogirl
on 10/25/10 7:17 am - TX
All I know is that they have very low pricing like Almanza and I think Sandy (who used to coordinate for Almanza) coordinates for them but I could be totally wrong about that.  Hopefully some who have been there will chime in.  Wishing your daughter all the best!!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
ishary
on 10/25/10 7:56 am - Whittier, CA
Hey Girlie!
1st you look Fantastic!!! Great Job!!

I think you may be right!!! When I called I spoke with someone named Sandy.
Hmmmm.... well I really dont want to take my girl to Almanza or a Betancourt group, so maybe I will just stay with my first choice of Aceves.
I have never ever heard anything bad about him. Money is an issue but then again its only money right?

Thanks for getting back with me!
Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

CKnorte
on 10/25/10 1:22 pm - Avila Beach, CA
Have you thought about using Dr. Corvala?  I had Plication Sleeve surgery with him in July, and could not be happier.....he also does the VSG, since you've had experience with him (band/band removal), give it a shot.....

Carol
Visit my blog: Fat Woman on a Mission

ishary
on 10/26/10 2:19 pm - Whittier, CA
Yes I am actually waiting to hear back from Dr. Corvala. I loved him and the hospital was awesome.
I am leaning more towards Dr. Aceves just as I have heard so many good things from everyone that has posted. NEVER have I heard a negative thing about him.

What is a sleeve plication?
Lap Band March 2007

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010

jenni_867
on 10/25/10 3:24 pm
I've been checking out LIMARP - Dr. Pompa and OCC- Dr.ORITZ.  Both have very good websites.  Both facilities look extremely clean and from the reviews I've read both are good.  It's a hard decision............
Boscogirl
on 10/26/10 1:56 am - TX
Thank you!  Yes, I would take her to Aceves if I were you....it's only a little bit more and you are right, I've never heard a single negative experience with him.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
sam30204
on 10/26/10 6:20 am

I think there are a few people on the sleeve website who have had positive experiences with him.

I used Dr Aceves and couldn't be happier with the results and the care I recieved. I have had zero surgery complications and felt very comfortable with the care I was given. The hotel you stay at the night before surgery was like a small resort. They really treat you well there. Good luck

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

Dynamic_Duover
on 11/1/10 11:43 am - Piedmont, OK
My husband & I both had VSG's w/Dr. Aceves on 6-29-10 and had an excellent experience.  At the time, I believe it was $9,000 each (plus air fare) but that includes 1 nite in a NICE hotel (nite before surgery) and 3 nites at the HOSPITAL.  The only thing we paid for was our supper the nite before surgery.  Our daughter went with us & stayed in our room free but had to pay for her own meals.

I thank God every day for our surgeries.  We feel soooo great that it's scary & have had absolutely no complications.  We had narrowed it down to Dr. Aceves or Dr. Alvarez and both appeared to be about the same price (higher than Almanza), but we felt it was well worth it.  Everyone on Aceves' staff speaks excellent English and we've never failed to have a question (or a call) answered.

yoyo1
on 11/2/10 12:20 pm - Canada
 I had a VSG done by Dr. kelly 2 weeks ago and had a fantastic experience!!
Great restriction and already 25 pounds down. I can hardly believe it myself!!
I payed $5500 excluding flight.
The best of luck on your decision!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views