Its my time FINALLY!!!!

jenni80
on 10/23/10 5:05 am
Just paid for my tickets and surgery and I have a surgery date November 17th.  Im so excited.  I have been waiting for so long and now its going to happen.  Im a smoker and quit already and taking vitamins and trying to get healthy and ready for it.  I bought gas ex, hibiclins for right before.  If you can remember anything you needed while there or wish you had brought with let me know!!! 

Jeanette  

greenolive
on 10/24/10 3:12 am
Good luck!  I know you have waited a long time to have this done.  One of the things that I took with me to the hospital was spray saline.  I think the brand name was biotine or something like that.  It is back in the pharmacy section of the drug store and I've seen it at Walmart.  It was so helpful the first 24 hours after surgery when I couldn't drink anything.  I just sprayed it in my mouth and it satisfied my "dry mouth and I need something to drink NOW" feeling.

Anyway, have a safe journey and I will be thinking of you on your big day.
Kimmes
on 10/24/10 5:18 am
 What a great day for surgery NOv 17th..... that is my birthday!  I am not scheduled until Jan 6th  - I am going to Mexico as well - to Dr Ramos-Kelly.   Congrats on getting your date scheduled!  I will be following your updates, please update us on your experience!

I wish you all the best!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

emeraldskye
on 10/24/10 6:59 am - Vancouver, Canada
YAY!!!  I know you have been waiting a long time for this.  

Bring a heating pad.  It felt so lovely on my stomach.  May I ask on which surgeon you have decided upon?

In any case I wish you much success!
            Plus an additional 42.2lbs pre op! Starting weight 300lbs.                 
jenni80
on 10/28/10 8:50 am
Hey hon, I am estatic that this is happening.  im am going to dr.almanza.  i havent been saying that too much cause its such a touchy subject on here and im here to get support not get into debates over it.  thanks for the well wishes.  i will let you know how it goes.  hows your weight loss been going??? its so encouraging to hear of others weight losses.

Jeanette  

emeraldskye
on 10/28/10 11:16 am - Vancouver, Canada
Drama aside, I am so thrilled for you!  You have been so patient and I will be sending positive vibes your way on your surgery date.

You are going to love your sleeve.  My loss is slow but steady.  It's so nice to know that I will eventually reach my goal as will you.  

Please keep us updated on  your progress.  You are a such a sweety, you deserve this!

YAY again!

Plus an additional 42.2lbs pre op! Starting weight 300lbs.                 
hollykim
on 10/24/10 1:04 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Congrats! I am excited for you! I second the heating pad,helped on my shoulders and upper back when I had the gas and also chapstick! And I would eat two or three of those Gas-x melty things when I needed some. seems like one often didn't do the trick,but 3 one behind the other worked!
Good luck!
h

Boscogirl
on 10/25/10 1:48 am - TX
I am soooooo happy, just over the moon, that you are finally getting to have surgery!!!!    I KNOW you rock that sleeve and we will be there to cheer you on and celebrate your successes!! 
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
LAX11
on 10/25/10 9:40 am
so happy for you! and glad you kicked the smoking... it will really help with your recovery and healing... the best of luck!
sam30204
on 10/26/10 6:23 am
Yay you!! I know you are so excited and I am so thrilled for you. I was so sad for you when you had to cancel. I can't wait to hear about your experience and success!!!!!!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views