I'M HAVING RNY WITH DR RODRIQUEZ (10/21) AND ARE SCARED.

MADISON1969
on 10/20/10 2:23 am - SACRAMENTO, CA
I'M HAVING SURGERY TOMORROW WITH DR RODRIQUEZ AND I AM VERY SCARED, I WAS NOT UNTIL I STARTED READING THIS FORUM. I HAVE TALK TO SEVERAL PEOPLE, WHO HAD SURGERY WITH HIM AND THEY ALL THINK HE IS A "GOD". THEY SAY THE HOSPITAL WAS WONDERFUL AND THE CARE WAS GREAT. DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME ADVISE OR ANY INPUT, THAT COULD MAKE ME FEEL LESS NERVOUS.
yayita73
on 10/20/10 5:58 am - Houston, TX
Congratulations!!! I had my RNY in Juarez with Dr. Rodriguez 08/04/2010. He is truly WONDERFUL and the staff is friendly and caring. Nurses come in and out to check on you...the hospital is nice, clean and quiet. You will be fine, I was terrified too the day I left for Juarez but it was a great experience. I which you the best and let me know how it went. I wish you the best of luck!!!

Take care and God bless,
Angela

MADISON1969
on 10/20/10 6:05 am - SACRAMENTO, CA
ANGELA, THANKS FOR YOUR MESSAGE.  MY HUSBAND JUST FOUND OUT I'M HAVING IT IN MEXICO AND ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE.  I DID NOT WANT THEM TO KNOW, BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS SUCH A BAD OPINION OF MEXICO.  THEY ALL THINK I'M GOING TO DIE OR COME BACK WITH A INFECTION.  I DID NOT WANT THEM TO KNOW, JUST BECAUSE THEY STRESS ME OUT.
greenolive
on 10/20/10 8:45 am
Madison,

You will do great.  You are having what most of us has had "pre-op" jitters.  I remember well the feelings.  You are just being normal.  I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow.

As far as your family, tell them to relax.  I too went to Mexico and had excellent care. I have lived and worked in many other countries.  I can honestly tell you I had better care in Mexico than I've ever received in the U.S.  Honestly, I try not to indicate what I do professionally but I am a nurse who has worked in supervisory positions (I am a working supervisor too who gets right in there and works along side the nurses I am supervising- I can clean dirty butts with the best of them!).  I am hired by hospitals for my expertise.  I try to NOT be a know it all.  In this case, just tell your family to relax and quit being ****s about this.  They need to get out in the real world and expand their horizons.  Not have the "ugly american" attitude. 

Be happy with your decision.  That is half the battle.

Hugs
greenolive
on 10/24/10 3:15 am
How did you do Madison?   Hope it went well with you.  You should be about 3 days post of now and wondering "what did I do to myself"?  This too is normal.  Just relax, take it easy, sip your liquids, walk the gas out, and in a few weeks, you will be amazed.

Just wanted ya to know I was thinking of ya.
RollTideRoll
on 11/7/10 11:45 am - Montgomery, AL
Hello, I just wanted to let you know that it will be alright. I was very very nervous when I went to Mexico to get my surgery. My mother and I went to have the surgery with Dr. Almanza. While I was waiting for my mom to get her surgery, I stayed on the phone with my aunt for about an hour and started freaking out a little bit. It's normal to be nervous. But I assure you, it will be a really good decision in the end. I hope everything goes good for you! Keep us updated :)
Love always,
Amanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views