Anyone going to Dr Kelly in December

Iwantmydestiny
on 10/21/10 3:25 am - Kansas City, MO
I had an awesome experience! If I had to do it over, I would definitely choose Dr Kelly. You can read about my whole experience on my profile page or you can click on Dr Kelly's reviews. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Take care!
  HW: 267 June 2010  SW: 257  CW: 167      
smile007
on 10/26/10 12:00 pm - Fayetteville, NC
I went to Dr Kelly Sep 2,2010. I was just released from the hospital after 5 weeks due to a leak and damage to my spleen. If I had to do it over again I would never ever go to Mexico.The first thing that caught my eye was the price he advertised 5500 for a VSG. Do not let the price of surgery end your life. Do not go to this so called Dr. he butched me and sent me home. I have a long battle ahead of me. I pray that if you decide to go to Dr kelly all goes well.

HW: 381 SW: ? CW 233 GW 190

Kimmes
on 10/26/10 12:16 pm

I have not found any other posts about your horrible outcome on these boards... have you made others aware of your surgery problems or is this the first you are posting about it?

I have heard numerous positive feedback on Dr Kelly and I have personally spoke to several people who had surgery in Sept and Oct with no problems.  I am sorry you had such an adverse outcome and problems.

I assume Dr Kelly is aware of your issues and you have spoken with him and Trish?  I am going there in January and I appreciate all honest feedback both positive and negative.  This is the first negatives I have read.  I know that this surgery does have some potential for problems, I am sorry it happened to you.

Kim

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

smile007
on 10/26/10 11:52 pm - Fayetteville, NC
Yes dr Kelly is aware of my issues and my Dr. contacted him.  The last time my gf talked to dr kelly he said he would help pay my dr bills but I have yet to hear from him or Trish since my relase. I e-mailed Trish on 10-23-10 the day I was discharged from the hospital and she has yet to reply to my email. I chose Dr kelly b/c I also did not find any negative things about him but I also did not find a lot of  info about him  but I was determined to get the VSG . What you do and who you chose is your business. I just want to let people know what looks good is not always good for you.

HW: 381 SW: ? CW 233 GW 190

rere49
on 10/31/10 3:01 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Were you in pain or had symptons before you left?
ginnywinks
on 11/1/10 1:11 am - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Hey Smile007
Just thought I would check to see how you are feeling?  You certainly have been through alot and not sure if you are getting lots of support.
Take care
Ginny

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/31/10 2:46 am - Mexico
On October 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM Pacific Time, smile007 wrote:
I went to Dr Kelly Sep 2,2010. I was just released from the hospital after 5 weeks due to a leak and damage to my spleen. If I had to do it over again I would never ever go to Mexico.The first thing that caught my eye was the price he advertised 5500 for a VSG. Do not let the price of surgery end your life. Do not go to this so called Dr. he butched me and sent me home. I have a long battle ahead of me. I pray that if you decide to go to Dr kelly all goes well.

It's not Mexico that is the problem, it is surgical skill.  There are good and bad doctors all over the world, location isn't the issue.

So sorry you are having a bad time of it. :o(

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
catwall
on 11/1/10 7:10 am - NC
Hi everyone.  I am a first time poster and had the VSG on 8-11-10 by Dr. Almanza -reyes. All I can say is the whole thing went great, i had no pain at all after the third day and went back to work full time a s  amedical assistant after 5 days. So far I have only lost 40 pounds but I am decreasing rapidly in my clothing size. I would recomend anyone to go over seas. I think people just need to do there research and ask other people who have been there. The hardest thing is relearning how to eat. let me know if anyone else has similar troubles. thanks1
ginnywinks
on 10/27/10 12:04 am - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Hi Smile
So sorry you have had a horrible time! Not sure how I feel anymore about going.  Did he know that your spleen had been damaged?  How did you know that you had a problem? 
Please be well.
Thank you

Jeni_In_Sarasota
on 11/5/10 11:51 pm - Sarasota, FL
Wow reading Smile007 story really makes me nervous! I leave on Monday morning for Dr. Kelly...
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views