Anyone going to Dr Kelly in December

ginnywinks
on 10/17/10 8:45 am - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Hi
I am having my VSG 16 December and wonder if anyone else is going to be down there or is having Dr Kelly do theirs?

rickiecole
on 10/18/10 7:37 am
Hi I was thinking on going to him. I have read good things about him.  If you dont mind how much is your sleeve procedure.  I am waiting on a call back from the coordinator.

Thanks
ginnywinks
on 10/18/10 8:01 am - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Hi
It is $5500 plus airfare and additional night hotel.  I will be there for 5 days not 4.

When are you thinking of going?

Cheers

Ginny

rickie
on 10/18/10 10:57 am - MD
Hi Ginny,

Thanks for responding. I received a return phone call shortly after I responded to your post. I will be an revision patient and my cost is going to be $6300 for my sleeve. I too have to pay for my airfare and 1 additional night.  I have to fill out my paperwork and shouldn't have a problem with him approving it. I was actually thinking about doing it before Xmas holiday...my gift to myself. 

I don't remember if I have to pay a deposit or not.  Do you know what the deposit amount is?
Are you going to have someone go with you? 

Rickie
ginnywinks
on 10/18/10 11:20 am - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
 HI Rickie

That is good news!  My deposit was $500 USD.  I am in Canada and what a drama trying to get the money wired.  The Dr's bank account is in California and of course the hospital is in Mexico.  Due to the international requirements to limit money laundering I had to supply the bank and the Dr's address.  Because I didn't know that I had the bank manager googling the clinic, which was painful, so I took over her computer and was able to get the hospital address and the wire progressed.  Must say that the bank was very accommodating.

I am going to get my sleeve on December 16th!  Maybe we will be there at the same time?  My gift is to not start another year wishing I could do something about my weight.  2011 is going to start with me doing the right things and seeing the results.

Let me know your date when you have it!!!

Exciting times, eh?

Cheers

Ginny

rickiecole
on 10/18/10 11:15 pm
Hi Ginny,

Can you tell me who your contact was because the person that I am dealing with wants $2500 deposit and I refuse to send that amount of money to anyone this early in the game.  I can go thru your person and if it's the same as mind that we are going to have to make a change.

Ok, I will try for the 16th and this way we both can go thru it together. I will be coming from Maryland.

I can pay the $500 deposit to get it started but not the $2500!!!!

Thanks a million now I am excited.

Rickie
ginnywinks
on 10/19/10 12:34 am - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
 Hi
I am coming from near Toronto, Ontario,  So both Eastern girls.

I was initially dealing with Trish, but everything else is Karla.  Tell her that you can do $500-$1000 and you will bring the cashier's cheque when you arrive.

Check with some of Dr Kelly's other patients to see what their requirements are.  I notice that he is getting quite busy.  I think he has 2-3 of the girls this week.  I am waiting hear that they did well and are now on the bench!!!

Take care

Ginny

rickiecole
on 10/19/10 1:12 am
Can you provide me with their numbers just in case the coordinator I am going thru will bend.

Thanks
Iwantmydestiny
on 10/20/10 11:15 am - Kansas City, MO
Trish number is 619-793-4869. You can call her now because I just spoke with her. I was checking up on my friend Dottie. She just had surgery today and she's recovering well. I know there a few coordinators who are working with Dr Kelly, but Trish is his personal coordinator. Give her a call because a $2500 deposit is ridiculous.
  HW: 267 June 2010  SW: 257  CW: 167      
rickie
on 10/20/10 1:22 pm - MD
Hi, thanks for sharing I will be calling her first thing in the morning. How was Dr. Kelly and your experience with him?

Rickie

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views