flight & border crossing restrictins needed

pearls4alady
on 10/7/10 11:29 pm - TOLEDO, OH
AS MY SURGERY IS A FEW WEEKS AWAY  I AM THINKING OF WHAT I CAN OR CAN'T TAKE IS CLEAR PLASTIC CONTAINERS  FILLED WITH 3 OZ. TYLENOL OR BODY SOAP A OK CARRY-ON ?  OR VITAMINS IN A WEEKLONG PILLBOX OK? ANYONE WHO KNOWS THESE ANSWERS AND MORE PLEASE RESPOND OR CALL ME AT 419-810-4100 MANY THANKS TO ALL WHAT A GREAT SITE!
Mary C.
on 10/8/10 1:16 am - Glovertown, Canada
Hi - I have never travelled to Mexico - but have travelled within Canada and to the US a fair bit. I have never had any trouble travelling with medication - be it vitamins or prescription. I would advise you to keep your pills in their original containers though - just so they can be identified if needed. You know what they are - but if checked - the customs/security people might not be so sure. As for body wash - check it - or take bar soap. As far as I know you cannot carry on ANY liquids/lotions/gels etc that have a combined total of more than 100mls. Which is a little over 3 ounces. And all your liquids/gels/lotions that you do carry on have to fit inside a clear plastic bag that they have at the airport security screening areas. My advice - if you are not sure - scheck it! Better to do that than to have to leave it behind. Good luck!

nicole M.
on 10/8/10 6:39 am - Trenton, MI
RNY on 11/03/10 with
I believe the airline websites post the restrictions.

My WLS Blog: http://wls-nicoleta.livejournal.com/

Emily F.
on 10/8/10 8:14 am
I would call your airline to be sure. I took my meds in their original containers but I've heard people say they put their vites in a week long organizer fine.
liveinphx
on 10/9/10 7:31 am - Phoenix, AZ
You probably want to go to the TSA website since they are the ones that make and enforce teh rules about what can and cannot be carried aboard aircrafts
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
CKnorte
on 10/10/10 1:42 pm - Avila Beach, CA
I would carry it all on board.  As long as your containers are less than 3 oz and they fit in 1 quart sized baggie.  When you go through security take it out of your carry on.  I took those travel sized shampoo, conditioner, my face cream, lotion, and shower gel.
Solids are not a problem. So pills are ok, makeup is ok, but mascara and lip gloss is considered a gel/liquid so you will have to fit them in your baggie.  Deoderant solid is fine.  Here's the TSA's website.....

http://www.tsa.gov/311/

Make sure you have your passport and your ID, you'll need your ID for getting on the plane and then you'll need your passport to get back into the US
Carol
Visit my blog: Fat Woman on a Mission

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views