First Hand Experience with Dr. Liza Maria Pompa ?

LillyMae62
on 9/25/10 4:39 pm - Albany, OR
Hello,
I have been lurking here for the past week or so, with a couple of posts here and there (couldn't help myself) :)  I am still in the research phase (VSG) and would like to know if there is any good or bad experiences regarding Dr. Pompa.   I have read her Bio and reviews on here and on Sleevetalk, but would like first hand accounts from current member's.  I have looked at two other Drs ( Alvarez & Aceves) , both of them seem to be very well qualified, but I just can't come up with the money difference...but would rather go without than end up with issues.  Thanks so much for all the information that I have already gathered here.   

Lilly

Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.         ~Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros                               

rere49
on 9/26/10 7:36 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
I was a sleeve revision from a band. She did my surgery 2 years ago. I am 30 pounds from goal. They are very professional, and nice. I think anyone who has this done needs a hospital setting, not surgical center. At least they need emergency equipment if you go surgical center. Some places just have a crash cart, not good enough. Just research, you will find your surgeon. She is very good at what she does, at least for me.
LillyMae62
on 9/26/10 11:28 am - Albany, OR
Thank you for the information,
It looks like they have a ICU, at least from their website, do you know if they do for sure?

Lilly

Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.         ~Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros                               

rere49
on 9/26/10 11:33 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Yes they do. They also have the lab and x-ray downstairs.
LillyMae62
on 9/26/10 11:44 am - Albany, OR
Thanks so much, unless I find too much negative information on here, then I will probably go with her.

Lilly

rere49
on 9/26/10 11:50 am, edited 9/26/10 11:51 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
She is a sweet lady. She is a itty bitty thing... Whats funny, when you walk into the OR, look out the window..you will see McDonalds.. I laughed all the way under anestesia!!!

Who is your coordinator?? I hope she is great!!
LillyMae62
on 9/26/10 12:11 pm - Albany, OR
I haven't talked to a coordinator, should I be?   I've just talked directly to the Clinic, I believe Dr. Daniela the NUT is who I talked with.

Lilly

bglez
on 9/26/10 12:24 pm - Chula Vista, CA
Hello, im a Dr Pompa patient  too, you will love her, RERE Is right she is absolutely the most caring doctor i have known!! Im at goal 2 and a half years after my sleeve!!! My life has changed so much!!! I wish you the best!!!
LillyMae62
on 9/26/10 1:07 pm - Albany, OR
 Thanks, glad that it worked for you and best wishes.

Lilly

gman02
on 9/26/10 10:03 pm
Wife Had Rny 3/1/10 by Pompa, place real clean, communication good, Modern,safe everyone u deal with nice, Professional! Wife is down 122 Pounds since surgury.
               Make sure of pricing and if any extra charges could come up & how much! Would  recommend Dr Pompa it was a pleasent experince for us as its a big deal going out of state, but all went well for us as it should for you.
                    Also we didn;t have a cordinater just dealt stright with Dr Danilea
                       May The Lord Bless you WLS is a great vehicle back to health
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views