Calling All Almanza Patients

mit_tens
on 9/23/10 12:36 pm - Woodstock, CT
((((((((((((((((((((((((Danielle))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so glad that you are ok and nothing happened to you. I appreciate you being honest about your experience. People need to hear the good, bad and the ugly about any surgeon.

I feel horrible for the ones who had a bad experience with this facility, and I pray for a complete recovery for them.

In all honesty, sometimes I feel like an asshole posting about a surgeon that I never went to. However the comments and endless threads about this clinic really get me upset for the people who have been hurt.

I am a very sensitive person, and I feel like when someone asks about this surgeon I have to tell them to research because I will worry about them. :(   It's my motherly instinct kicking in I suppose...lol

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future. 

HW~245
CW~178
GW~130

Thats 268 sticks of butter GONE!          
NursieGirl
on 9/24/10 6:11 am
 I don't think that makes you an asshole.  Anyone *****searched extensively and has been around this board for a long time has seen the problems come through here.  I wish that someone had warned me in a kind, intelligent way instead of being rude and flaming when I was doing my research.  Then I probably would have reconsidered myself

ButterflyB
on 9/23/10 12:52 pm
Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond.

Can those of you with poor experiences tell me what made your experience so poor? Either via private message or in this thread?

It's interesting how people can have such vastly different experiences and I'd love to know more.

Thanks again.
NursieGirl
on 9/24/10 6:14 am
 Well, I can tell you that my pain was not controlled, my nausea was ignored, and I had a terrible recovery.  They also lost my x-rays, so there is no record of the surgery results.

I have a friend who went here to had an oddly-shaped sleeve done with a HUGE globe on top, so she is not only always hungry, but she has permanent damage to her stomach and frequently vomits blood.  There are others, but most won't chime in because they are trying to pursue legal action against the clinic (so far with no results)

NursieGirl
on 9/24/10 6:16 am
 I also have absolutely disgusting scars.  The incisions took weeks to close, and became infected.  They had to cut some of the stitched to get the drain out, and that incision has become a horrible keloid scar.  If you can, go somewhere that uses surgical glue

rere49
on 9/26/10 11:47 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Hugs to you NursieGirl!!! You are not alone. Hopefully the bad is behind you and you are losing weight. I hate it when a good thing goes bad. We are made fun of and abused for being fat, and then we do something good for ourselves, and it blows up in our face. I think I am about $25,000 into weight loss surgery. band in , band out and sleeve. It is a hard road. If anyone says I took the easy way, they need to walk in my shoes. Again..HUGS
TO ALL NEWBIES..RESEARCH!!  Dollars stores are great, but not for surgery!! Pay for the great service you will recieve, and be healthy after!! Buy cheap, spend your life and more money when you get home. Just read the boards!
NursieGirl
on 9/26/10 12:34 pm
 I'm doing very well.  Only a quarter pound to go to the big 50!  Thanks so much

FabBy50 .
on 9/23/10 1:52 pm - Everett, WA
Sorry but I would not reccomend this surgeon either! I did have my lap band done by him, and my revision a short 9 months later. I did not have great care the 2nd time through and since then have learned of MANY people who have had problems! Do yourself a favor and save a few more dollars and get good care. Dr Rodriguez is not that much more and he does his surgery out of a hospital, not a clinic. My sister used him and was VERY satisfied with her experience.

Good luck to you!
Anew Start
on 9/24/10 1:28 am
I also used Dr. Rodriguez and LOVED my care. :)

newmee123
on 9/24/10 1:58 am
I am a revision patient also. Dr Almanza originally did my band and I had issues with it. I have to be honest  I cant say it was caused by Dr Almanza due to there was erosin w/slippage and from the boards that seems to just be a common issue....I didnt care for the recovery house but for a lapband I didnt have to stay there long....(Again cant blame Dr Almanza for that either due to I had lapband placed and went alone. Would have felt better in recovery house if I had someone with me.)  Anyhow, I had my revision by Dr Jose Rodriquez and it has been great. I checked with Aceves first due to he seemed to be the most used on this site but prayed and went with Rodriquez due to 2000 grand cheaper and I was still in a hospital postop 2 days after the sleeve which was important for me since I was a revision. I have a Master Degree in Nursing so I felt knowledgable of procedure and knew what to expect from the hospital and they delivered! Got more attention than in the US thats for sure.... I am rockin my sleeve and have not had 1 complication. Hope that helps. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views