Starting to look

Keith68
on 9/21/10 7:47 am
Where do I start to look for bariatric surgery in Mexico?
nicole M.
on 9/21/10 1:14 pm - Trenton, MI
RNY on 11/03/10 with
Well...there a lot of ads on this page, you can start with going to those websites to compare programs, locations, prices, what is included, etc.  What I did was go back several pages on this forum and read posts about surgeons.  If you click on the name of the surgeon on any member's page, it will take you to his OH page, which has reviews, etc.

Good luck!

My WLS Blog: http://wls-nicoleta.livejournal.com/

Mary C.
on 9/22/10 2:13 am - Glovertown, Canada
Hi - I know two people personally who have had RNY with Dr. Joya. You should see his ads on this page. They have nothing but the best to say about the surgeon, his staff, the hospital etc etc. Do your research Both of these people went to Mexico from Alberta, Canada. Good luck!

Keith68
on 9/22/10 8:37 am
Have you heard anything about the Hospital Jerusalem??
Emily F.
on 9/22/10 10:41 am
First, research all 4 surgeries and decide on that. Because some docs are good for rny or band and some are better at sleeves and ds.
Keith68
on 9/22/10 12:18 pm
Am looking at the sleeve as I won't be able to get fills in Canada for the band and I don't want any malabsorption issues with the rny or ds. 
oregonmom
on 9/22/10 12:32 pm
VSG on 07/06/10 with
Read past posts, ask questions, and research individual doctors.  I made a list of the doctors that seemed to have positive reviews and experience in the surgery I wanted from this sight and then did further research looking into their licenses and specialties.  Of all the doctors I narrowed it down to, Dr. Joya and Dr. Aceves were the only ones that I could verify licenses and specialties in bariatric surgery.  I then considered cost and location - my husband was concerned about the safety of the community Dr. Aceves operates in and we wanted the opportunity for a small vacation as well so I ultimately went with Dr. Joya and have absolutely no regrets with my decision.

Good luck!

Keith68
on 9/22/10 1:00 pm
Thanks for your help and advice!   Are you anywhere near Eugene as my sister is a MD there?
Dianna2
on 9/25/10 6:51 pm - Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
 I am also from Canada.  I had the VSG surgery over 4 years ago in Mexico.  If I was doing the surgery today I would definitely have the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy due to the amount of weight I lost and how it is to maintain without the problem of nutritional definciencies or dumping.  I would go to have the sleeve done with Dr. Aceves.  So many people have gone to him and I have not heard anyone in the last 4 years have anything but great things to say about him, his clinic and his team.  Please Private Message me if you have anymore questions.

VSG Maintenance Group Forum        http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views