Upcoming VSG

newmeki
on 9/11/10 5:15 am - Saudi Arabia
Hello all, thank you so much for your many many posts on the VSG procedure.  I presently live in Saudi Arabia but will be traveling to Can****o Gallenia Hospital for the VSG in November.  I am very excited as I have planned and cancelled this procedure so many times.  I have researched the topic enough to do the surgery myself.   I will not talk myslef out of it this time.  I understand that the liver shrinking diet is the hardest part but I am worried about losing too fast and/or too much.  Has anyone had experience with maybe losing faster than is recommended?  My friend that had the procedure says that she lose very fast when she ate 8 small meals a day. When she changed to 5 meals a day her weight lost stablilized. Also any problems with dehydration?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Emily F.
on 9/12/10 7:15 am
I have the sleeve plus malasorption, I was never worried about losing too much or too fast, personally I think it works out in the end. I think the people that lose too much and need to revise are few and far between.

Dehydration is a problem. Your sleeve will probably be 3 oz and with the swelling, much much smaller. So it is very difficult to get enough fluids in a day to stay hydrated. It takes a little time and effort. I'm sure you are a smart person and will figure it all out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views