Definitely PCOS.

RollTideRoll
on 8/30/10 5:59 am - Montgomery, AL

Okay so an update on life.. I'm really down, still, about my best friend's two year old son passing away. I went to the doctor today and found out that I definitely have PCOS. I don't have the diabetes though. They are putting me on medications for insulin to help out with the hormone problems.. AND I have to watch my intake of carbs.

Mom is doing okay. It sucks seeing her walk around the house with that feeding tube down her nose. It makes me want to cry sometimes. But her main concern, as well as the rest of my family and my new doctor, is getting this lapband taken out of my stomach. So we are working on that right now, as well. Hopefully it will be out after Christmas break.

My cousin is getting married and his girlfriend picked me as a bridesmaid so I'm excited about that. I'm also trying to stay more focused with school, but my dad and I are still very determined to spread our story about this whole surgery. Right now, I'm reading CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE TEENAGE SOUL ON TOUGH TIMES.. I'm kind of thinking about sending my story to them to put in one of their books. :) And last, but certainly not least, I graduate May 26, 2011 baby!

Love always,
Amanda

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/10 4:15 am
I have PCOS too and they tried treating it with Metformin. That made me bleed all the time. So then he gave Accutone? I think. And that made me gain 10 lbs. I'm new to the site. Have you reached your goal after your WLS?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views