OMG - Choices, Choices????

allypad64
on 8/16/10 10:22 am, edited 8/16/10 10:28 am - henderson, NV
Ok, I had my mind made up and even sent my paperwork into Dr. Aceves.  My first choice was Dr. Joya but he ended up being just a little bit out of my price range and I was comfortable with everything that I have read - I feel safe going to either doctor.

Now, I just received an e-mail from Dr. Joya with a special price that we be a *****eaper than Dr. Aceves (due to airfare being included).  Now I am torn!

I really don't know which doctor to pick and I could really use some words of wisdom from anyone who feels like giving them!

And for those of you who chose Dr. Joya - did you use the complication insurance and do you recommend it?

Thanks for reading!

Ally
Chasman
on 8/16/10 1:23 pm
Ally,

I can tell you Dr. Aceves was GREAT! It was a perfect experience. But...you have to go where you are comfortable. I don't think you'll find any negative feedback on Dr. Aceves. I think I read on here that his summer price was $8750? Don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere on OH. Whatever choice you made, best of luck. You're going to love your sleeve. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Chas

RollTideRoll
on 8/16/10 9:55 pm - Montgomery, AL
The complication insurance is bull. I don't know for Dr. Joya because we didn't purchase it from HIM exactly.. but the complication insurance means that if you are in soo much pain and halfway dead on the airplane ride home OR dying at home because of complications, you would have to go ALLL the way back to Mexico to get treatment. I wouldn't take the chance.
sam30204
on 8/17/10 1:28 am
I can only comment on Dr Aceves but he is so great! The staff is wonderful and the hospital was so clean! He is very professional and knows what he is doing! The hotel you stay in the night before is very nice! You would not be disppointed in Dr Aceves!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

BillieF
on 8/17/10 3:49 am - prince albert, Canada
i went to Dr Joya on apr 19 2010 everything went great.everything was exactly as thay tell you .. very clean and the hotel was realy nice a great place to recover. i didnt qualife for the comp. insurance do to my bmi. but i think it would be good to have just incase.you should check out thinjourny on youtube he has alot of good info..The only reason i chose dr Joya over Dr Aceves was the direct flyet to P.V. Both Drs have great preputions..

GOOD LUCK

~Sillie~
allypad64
on 8/17/10 3:59 am - henderson, NV
Emily F.
on 8/17/10 4:33 am
what surgery are you having?
allypad64
on 8/17/10 9:08 am - henderson, NV
VSG
shendricks
on 8/30/10 8:25 am - Wolf Point, Mt
The reason I choose Dr Aceves over Dr Joya and others like him is that recovery is in a hospital.  3 whole days postop, not in a "recovery house".  I am a nurse practitioner and I thought it was important not to have major surgery basically as an outpatient.  This is not only practiced by some Mexican doctors but by many in the US as well.  Thanks but I want around the clock, nursing care at a facility were I can have labs drawn, xrays done, repeat surgery or a blood transfusion if needed.

Sharon

shunt1960
on 8/19/10 1:28 am
VSG on 04/28/10 with
I had my VSG done by Dr. Joya on 4/28/10. I had an awesome experience and would recommend him to anyone who wanted an great experience. I did not take the complication insurance as I felt totally comfortable and wasn't worried. Also, the complication insurance only covers issues while in PV not once you leave. I am 4 mos out and have lost 86 lbs and feel better than I have felt in years. I would go back every day to have this feeling. Good luck to you on whatever physician you choose. I have heard nothing negative about either physician.
SW /CW/GW   307.6/202/180    Not a Sprint but what a Journey it is

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views