Quick Update

Brandy K.
on 8/1/10 4:11 am - Garland, TX
Hi all!  I'm still here, still kicking, still losing.  Just as a reminder, I had my surgery on May 5th with Dr. Horacio in Monterrey.  I haven't weighed in two weeks (doctors orders... only weigh once a month) and I'd lost 60 pounds at my last weigh in.  I've lost a ton of inches.  I've dropped two sizes in pants.  All of my clothes are HUGE now. 

Most mornings I find myself frustrated with my clothing options, but a lot of people are giving me clothes and I have them sorted by size so that I can just open a new bin when I shrink out of what I'm wearing. 

My blood pressure was 110/60 the last time it was taken.  All in all, I feel fantastic!

I hope all is well with everyone here!

Brandy

browneyedDeeva
on 8/1/10 1:26 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
heyyyyyy, im glad all is well with u
congrads on ur weight loss. keep up the good work

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Brandy K.
on 8/3/10 4:45 am - Garland, TX
Thanks!! :)

Portland_Phil
on 8/1/10 3:39 pm
That sounds fantastic, Brandy!  Though I think your BP is a little low.  I experienced the same thing when I lost my 80 lbs.  Are you ever dizzy/light-headed?  60s a pretty low #.  For me, at least.  It gave me real problems until I could get it into the 80s.

I lost 10 inches in my waist and know the joy you are enjoying now!  I've plateaued at my current weight and unless/until I can increase my exercise, I doubt I'll lose any more, or at least significantly.  I'd love to lose another 10-15 lbs, but I'm FINE where I am.

You are a REAL success story, Brandy!  Pat yourself on the back.  A LOT!  :)

Phil

Brandy K.
on 8/3/10 4:43 am - Garland, TX
Nope, no dizziness yet.  BPs tend to run a little low in my family.  My very highest ever was when I was pregnant and preecclamptic.  It was 220/180.  I felt like my head was going to explode.  But, it usually ran fairly normal.  120/80-130/80.  Sometimes it dips pretty low.  I'll keep an eye on it. 

YOU are a real success story and I'm so glad to hear about your loss!  I still have a lot to lose, and it's so easy to think that this is going to end at any moment.  Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Margo N.
on 8/2/10 12:13 am
Well done!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Brandy K.
on 8/3/10 4:48 am - Garland, TX
Thanks!  :)

yayita73
on 8/2/10 2:44 am - Houston, TX
Congratulations!! I hope you continue to achive your weight goal!!!

Angela

Brandy K.
on 8/3/10 4:53 am - Garland, TX
You and me both, girl!  I just want this train to stay on its tracks!  :D  Thanks!

Brandy K.
on 8/3/10 4:55 am - Garland, TX
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views