VSG costs

wlsurgeryorbust
on 7/31/10 7:38 am - Raleigh, NC
If someone wouldn't mind me asking- (those who have already been or those who have already been scheduled)
1- how much was the sleeve
2-who was the doctor
3-did you have to pay a deposit and how much, and
4-was airfare included? 

I haven't decided on a Dr yet and am doing some research- thanks!
Michelle Smith
on 7/31/10 11:04 am
7600 surgery 89 per night hotel @ courtyard cancun marriott 99 each way from ATL to cancun for flight

~~I am 5'8~~

katydidit64
on 8/1/10 4:24 am - north port, FL
I just recently (April) helped my daughter with the cost of having the sleeve done in TJ MX

1- how much was the sleeve - total cost for the sleeve including airfare RT from KS/CA and some incidentals was $6000.00
2-who was the doctor - DR. Almanzo
3-did you have to pay a deposit and how much, and deposit $1000
4-was airfare included?  YES as well as x-rays/lab work etc..

March 2009 Lower body lift with BA/BL - Cosmed Clinic Dr. F - TJ Mexico
April 2010   Tummy Tuck, Horizontal Thigh lift, Back Lipo/sculpting 
                    Dr. Luque - Mexicali MX

oregonmom
on 8/1/10 9:16 am
VSG on 07/06/10 with
I went to Dr. Joya in Puarta Vallarta.  The cost was 10,000 dollars and that included the hotel and flight, transportation from the airport to the hotel, hotel to the hospital and back.

Iwantmydestiny
on 8/1/10 12:28 pm, edited 8/7/10 12:43 pm - Kansas City, MO
I'm 3 weeks post-op.
My surgery cost $5500 total
Surgeon Jamie Ricardo Ramos Kelly
Deposit $500 at least 10 days before surgery
Not included: Airfare $335 Southwest non-stop from Kansas City to San Diego
oyekan
on 8/6/10 3:30 am
@ Iwantmydestiny.... Those are my kind of prices.. lol.... does your surgeon have a website that i may visist ??????
Iwantmydestiny
on 8/7/10 12:42 pm - Kansas City, MO
Yes, the website is www.wlsclinic.com. You can check out his reviews by clicking on my profile also! You can PM me if you have any additional questions. Take care!
Jake397
on 8/10/10 5:54 am - Houston, TX
Hi....

I had my 'gastric sleeve' surgery on August 2 by Dr. Ramos-Kelly in Tijuana, Mexico.  From the time I left the USA to my return I had first class service.  The tests by the psychologist, cardiologist and nutricianist were held in the morning.  The surgery began at 2:00 pm and lasted about two hours.  When I awoke, I was is some pain for the first 5 hours (not serious pain...just a decided discomfort).  I spent the next day in the very clean small hospital (only 10 beds).  The nurses kept me under observation every two hours.  (Much better service than in USA hospitals!).  I left the hospital on the third day for a luxury hotel and a tour of the Tijuana museum.  The cost for the entire procedure (including drugs to take home) was $5,500.  This is very much lower than the costs quoted to me in Houston, TX at $15 - 18, 000.  This did not include airfare...and I did send a deposit of $500 by wire transfer a week before the surgery.

Any questions?

John K

joannnor
on 10/7/10 6:55 am - Coldspring, TX
Hi John,
I'm from Houston and scheduled for the sleeve on Oct 30th with Dr. Kelly in Tijuana, Mexico. Please tell me how you are doing now. Did you do the pre-liquid diet...how was it? Everything....I'm nervous but ready. I'm 52yrs old and need to loose almost 100pds...tired of being overweight and can't do it by myself. Would love to here about you.
Jojo
Heather T.
on 4/8/11 8:10 am
I booked with Dr. Kelly in Tijuana for 5300 for May 24th, 2011 (There is a special going on through the end of May through Sandy Johnston and normally is 5500).  This includes two nights in the hospital, two nights in the hotel, and all surgery costs including labs, barium swallow, etc. I decided to pay the amount in full so I did not put a deposit but I believe I read in the paperwork that it was 1000.   It did not include airfare which I got at an additional 300 through Kayak.com with American Airlines from Des Moines to San Diego.  I am going with a friend so we are flying out a few days before the procedure to go to the Zoo, ocean, etc. so we have an additional 350 in preprocedure stay in San Diego. 

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views