Pre OP Diet

yayita73
on 7/28/10 2:43 am - Houston, TX
Hello!!

I started my pre-op diet and I was wondering if anyone has ideas of what protein drinks I can drink or any protein salads or proteins bars I can eat. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Angela!

Mary C.
on 7/28/10 3:19 am - Glovertown, Canada
As for adding protein to your salad - try nuts, shredded cheese, lean turkey or other meats, add protein powder to whatever you are using for salad dressing. Protein bars - there are tons - try asking your local pharmacist and explaining to him/her what your requirements are. Same for the protein drinks. Good luck!

yayita73
on 7/28/10 3:53 am - Houston, TX
Thank you Mary!

I'm so used to following a composed diet that coming up with my own has become a difficult task. Thanks again for the advice!!

Angela

greenolive
on 7/28/10 10:30 am
Not sure what your pre=op diet is but here is what was recommended to me pre=op:  High protein low carbohydrate.  If you are on this diet try the following:

1)  Tuna salad made with the Tostito's brand spinach dip instead of mayo.  It is high protein and low carb.

2)  Chicken without the skin.  Also if you have ever tried bison (buffalo) it is great as it is very high protein and low carb.

3)  Go to theworldaccordingto eggface's website.  She has awesome recipes for high protein foods, different protein shakes, etc.  I make her stuff all the time and it's really good.

4)  Don't go and buy alot of protein before your surgery.  Your taste will probably change.  There are a bunch of places that you can order samples of protein powders to try.  That would probably be the cheapest way to go.  I spent hundreds of dollars on different protein drinks/powders before I finally found one that I liked.  I had huge jugs of the stuff sitting all over the place.  I didn't know about the samples you could buy

5)  Do a site search on OH and also verticlesleeve.com for protein drinks.  There are all kinds of recipe sites and places to buy the protein samples suggested by many different people.

Hope this helps!!

Oh, I forgot cottage cheese, greek yogurt are also high protein foods. too
toddsarj
on 8/1/10 10:56 am - Brighton, Canada
Greenolive,

Thanks so much for giving the website 'theworldaccordingtoeggfaced' Its a fabulous site with amazing recipes ! I love it,

Take care,

Sarah
yayita73
on 8/2/10 2:40 am - Houston, TX

Thank you so much for all that information...I'm leaving tomorrow so please send good vibes!!!

Angela

greenolive
on 8/1/10 11:10 am
Sarah,

You are getting close to your date.  Are you getting excited?!!  Have a good trip and a safe trip home.  I'll be making room for you on the looser's bench!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views