Hernia Help?

Portland_Phil
on 7/28/10 12:24 am
Will this ever stop?!  

I've been feeling cruddy (light pain and lots of nausea) for the past few weeks and it was diagnosed yesterday as an "incision hernia", meaning it's occurring internally at the site of my previous surgical incision.   It's progressing and I can actually see the "lump".

At least it's a pretty simple procedure.  I'm champing at the bit to get it fixed, now that I know what it is.  

Anyone else have experience with this?

Phil

rere49
on 7/28/10 1:50 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Me to Phil. I am not fixing mine right now, but I have had it since May of 08, and it pops out if I vomit or eat too much, lift, you name it. Pain in the butt if you ask me. The stuff we have to go through just to lose weight!!!
Mary C.
on 7/28/10 3:16 am - Glovertown, Canada
Phil - I have never had one - but have looked after tons of folks who have presented in the ER with one - and tons of folks who were post-op from having one repaired. I worked on a general surgery ward prior to working in ER. Trust me - get it done now rather than later - bite the bullet. A strangulated hernia is no fun and can lead to a whole bunch of related complications. Which you do not want. Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/10 1:32 am - AZ
You poor guy, it just never ends!

I agree with Mary, better to fix it soon than to wait.
Portland_Phil
on 8/6/10 12:38 am, edited 8/9/10 2:38 pm
Well, I'm off to the hospital this morning.  Turns out I have two hernias and the doc is going to "revise" my 15" long incision which has healed kinda funny.  I hope he doesn't screw up my belly button.  I now have this GREAT little navel; not like my big, deep, chubby one from before.  More of the Brad Pitt kind of belly button.

I thought this was going to be day-surgery, but was told yesterday to expect to stay at least a day or two.

Say some Hail-Maries and Namastes for me!  

Phil

Margo N.
on 8/6/10 2:07 am
Hope that everything goes well for you today and as you recover!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Pattie_M
on 8/8/10 2:55 am - TX

Phil, hope all goes well for you and with this done you'll be on the road to recovery and finished with surgeries.  You've certainly had a time of it.

God bless and take good care of yourself.

Pattie
Portland_Phil
on 8/8/10 2:23 pm
Home today from my hernia surgeries.  Pain!  More pain than the first 3.   SOB!  

I'll be calling the doc first thing in the morning.

Phil

NursieGirl
on 8/9/10 7:11 am
 Oh Phill, I'm SO sorry!  It's just one thing after another!  

rere49
on 8/14/10 4:48 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
My hubby said the hernia surgery was worse than the sleeve surgery. Big Hug Phil!! Is your belly button still cute??  Don't laugh!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views