post op visits and fills in Mexico

cally09
on 7/16/10 3:24 pm - costa mesa, CO
I cannot urge you enough to select your surgeon carefully...
I went to Hospital Angeles and had a lapband 9 months ago.. Sept, 2009...
I have zero restriction after fills and have been told by a doctor here in OC that I have a leak..

I finally went to a fill center here in the states because Dr. Lopez Corvalas office never  returned my phone calls or emails about my concern having no restriction.. I  finally got to see them  in TJ,  they did a flouroscopy then  sent me to get an endoscopy... This was 2 weeks ago, I have never heard back from any of the 3 doctors that work in the office.. They are either in Xray, on the phone, out of the office, home sick.... You name it..
It is shameful....
I don't know if I have a leak, my band slipped, my port is bad or whatever... I am reluctant to have them work on me if there is a revision involved...
I get the impression they genuinely don't care much if you're a patient from the states.. This has been my experience,, Take it or leave it... I don't want a non functioning band in my body with no doctor giving a crap about me, my health, their work, etc...
Cally09
cally09
on 7/17/10 6:26 am, edited 7/17/10 6:27 am - costa mesa, CO
I am curious to know if anyone else has had a negative experience with Lopez- Corvalas office??
I never had a cross word with anyone on staff or with the doctors..
It completely baffles me why they would not  follow up and inform me about my band, after sending me for additional tests.. I still haven't heard from them regarding the state of my band..
ie, slipped, leaks. malfunction.. It has been a worrisome experience to say the least..
I wouldn't wi**** on anyone..
RollTideRoll
on 7/17/10 8:07 am - Montgomery, AL
I don't know anything about any of those doctors or what could be your problem.. but I just wanted to support you and let you know that I am praying for you.. I know what it's like to have negative experiences.
Love always,
Amanda
NursieGirl
on 7/17/10 9:55 am
I'm s sorry that you're going through such a struggle. 

allypad64
on 7/17/10 11:15 am - henderson, NV
Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you except to be persistent in calling.  I know it must be very frustrating for you.  I just wanted to offer my support - I know that doesn't help you out, I just hope you get some answers soon....

Allison
cally09
on 7/17/10 2:17 pm - costa mesa, CO
Thank you very much for your encouraging words..
I am just stunned that a doctors office can be so aloof when I call on a daily basis... I'm not making this stuff up... I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but to not have any regard for me as a patient is unbelievable.... The receptionist takes my phone number but then I get no return calls...

I am warning anyone who is thinking of having a lapband in TJ, Mexico to chooose carefully.... A lapband is a long term health concern... I am lucky that I'm not having any pain... That would be awful... I do not recommend Dr. Lopez Corvala based on my own experience of very sub standard post operative patient care...
Cally
Kelleigh710
on 7/18/10 12:46 pm, edited 7/18/10 12:48 pm
I am so so so sorry that you are having a difficult time. I was banded by Dr. Corvala on 6/29. I think my situation is a little different though. I had already set up aftercare with a surgeon here in the states so all of my fills/concerns/etc would be addressed with him. Dr. Corvala simply did the surgery and I told him I would take it from here. I chose him solely on skill. I had heard in the past that his aftercare wasn't the best (returning phone calls, etc.) but had also heard that changes were made to fix that and that it was a lot better. Apparently not...Again, I just wanted to express my to you that I understand how frustrating it must be, just hang in there though! Have you tried talking to Dr. Carmen or Dr. Cleysa as well?
cally09
on 7/18/10 2:25 pm - costa mesa, CO
Thank you for your response...
Yes, I am addressing all 3 doctors... Dr. Lopez, Dr.Cleysa and Dr.Carmen.... I  dealt with Dr. Cleysa for a few fills early on... When I wasn't experiencing any restriction I saw Dr. Carmen and Dr. Lopez... After they sent me for an endoscopy I never spoke to any of the Doctors  at the office again.. I've been calling daily and still haven't been able to speak with them.. I'm completely disgusted...
I don't know if I want them to fix any band problem I'm having at this point.. I question their sincerity and trustworthiness.. i just think it's bizarre..

Good Luck to you,, I wish you much success..
Cally
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views