X-Post: 5 months, 69 pounds! Photos!

Margo N.
on 7/15/10 9:39 am

Day before Surgery

October, 2009

July, 2010

5 Month Check-In
So, it has been 5 months today since my surgery and, including pre-op weight loss (13 pounds), I have lost a grand total of 69 pounds! Weight loss for this month was 8 pounds. I am feeling SOOO much better / healthier / more confident every day.

This month I committed to a serious exercise program and purchased 10 sessions with a personal trainer. I do a weights workout with my trainer twice a week, and have been doing an hour of cardio (either walking or water aerobics) 3-4 times a week. I am up to a rather slow 5k for my hour's walk, but I figure I've come a long way from the mostly sedentary person I was before my surgery. This is REALLY making a difference in my body shape - it's slow but I can see that I am becoming leaner. As always, my photos, in my skivies, are posted on my OH profile page. Not sure if it is the lighting this month, but the flab on my inner thighs seems to have reduced since last month - yeah! I can also see a reduction in back fat, and the horrible back /side boobs are steadily shrinking. I am becoming re-acquainted with my collarbones - its been decades since we have seen one another.

I still have a icky wrinkly wattle developing under my jaw where my double chin used to reside. My stomach pouch does not seem to be shrinking much, but spanx seem to do a pretty good job of taming that sucker a bit.

I need to wait for my September cash infusion from school before I book more sessions, but plan to continue with the trainer 2- 4 times a month in the fall - she kicks my behind way more than I would on my own!

Other happy news - I now fit into a misses large / extra large blouse and misses size 18 pants. The size 14 cherry red rain jacket that I purchased in a fit of optimism last month now fits - snugly, but it should look awesome this fall! So, I think I may have purchased my last item in the plus-size department - other than perhaps a Lane Bryant Cacique bra or two - the girls, though a bit less firm, don't seem inclined to go anywhere yet! I haven't shopped misses sizes since I was about 22 years old - so this is life changing! I am very glad that I received a decent fellowship for school next year, because I will be needing a reasonable clothing budget!!!

I'm already making lists of what I want to wear once I hit goal. Happily, this is likely to take place at the same time as when I need to invest in a professional wardrobe, so I get the experience of starting from scratch with new career, new body, new look - and it is still a way out, so I have some time to plan and be thoughtful about the process. In the meantime, it's Old Navy, Target, and Walmart so that i don't have to spend too much on transitional clothes.

Anyway - I love my sleeve - I feel sometimes like this takes SO freaking long - but when I look back, I have accomplished a heck of a lot in five months! I will be seeing people this summer who have not seen me since before my surgery - kind of exciting!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Boscogirl
on 7/15/10 10:42 am - TX
Lookin' awesome Margo!!!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Margo N.
on 7/16/10 10:21 am
Thanks! I saw your update and you are looking fabulous!

shendricks
on 7/15/10 2:22 pm - Wolf Point, Mt
Margo, I went to your blog to check out all of you pics, all I can say is WOOOOW.  What a great job and what a difference you have made in such a short time.  Congrats.

Sharon

FWLizzie
on 7/16/10 9:31 am - Fort Worth, TX
You're doing great, keep up the good work!

Liz

NursieGirl
on 7/16/10 9:42 am
I'm so happy for you Lady!  *doing a happy dance*

Margo N.
on 7/16/10 10:24 am
Thanks everyone! I do love my sleeve!

FabBy50 .
on 7/19/10 10:23 am - Everett, WA
Margo

What a transformation!! You should be very happy with your progress! Keep it up, and good luck.
LifeLover
on 7/22/10 10:14 am - Hoover, AL
Congratulations!!!! You look amazing!

XOXOXO,
Christi
spittman
on 8/1/10 11:33 pm - Reston, VA
VSG on 06/29/09 with
You look amazing. I love your eyes they look so alive and full of life. NOT sure if that makes sense but that is the feeling I get. Keep up the excellent work.
          As of 12/10/10 CW: 150 pounds Lost: 52 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views