Prices to have VSG in mexico?

jhdez1998
on 7/14/10 5:21 pm - CA
VSG on 11/19/12
Does anyone know what each of the doctors in mexico are charging to do a VSG? Thanks

Ht: 5'9; High Wt: 310; Goal Wt: 170; VSG by Dr. Lopez 11/19/12

Margo N.
on 7/14/10 10:06 pm
Dr Aceves is charging 8750, all inclusive except for the flight to San Diego. My experience ther is posted on my blog.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

NursieGirl
on 7/15/10 12:34 am
From what I've seen, they seem to charge $5,500-$10,000, but I would look into the surgeons themselves first, and then contact their coordinators to see what the package includes and what the price would be.  Cost shouldn't be your main deciding factor.

Sharonda
on 7/15/10 1:31 am - Canada
VSG on 11/10/09 with
Hiya,
Dr. Joya's website did have the prices previously and the VSG all-inclusive was listed at 10,500 US, but I just checked it and they have a special on now but you have to use the link to email them to get the price so it's not published at the moment. 
 5'4"
HW 242
SW 202
GW 115
CW 146

Portland_Phil
on 7/15/10 1:49 am
Ditto on don't let price be your #1 consideration (not that it is, but just in case it is).  I think it's a roll of the dice at some level.  It you go cheap and things go great, wonderful.

But if things go sideways and you have problems, you'll be kickin' yourself in the rear for trying to save $3,000.  My leak cost me a good $6,000 extra so far, and the bills keep rollin' in!   Plus 3 months off work, etc. 

I find that the cheaper clinics, like where I had my surgery (VSG $6500), obviously, are cutting some corners to save money (which they are not getting from you).  If you pay more, you can get a more "in hospital" experience, I believe, like going to a "real" hospital, where full health care can be provided, always staffed to the gills, your vitals are constantly checked, etc.   At the clinic I chose, it was rare that my vitals were checked after surgery in the surgery clinic, and never in the recovery house.

Soooooo....good luck to you and I'm sure you'll make the right choice for your needs and concerns.

Phil

LAX11
on 7/15/10 2:43 am
Hi there, price shouldn't be your first objective... it is however not indicitive of the doctor performing the VSG procedure results... until this year US doctors were not compensated by insurance companies & the VSG was very seldom performed even in Centers for Excellence... surgeons around the world including Mexico/Costa Rica... have been doing this procedure for years and have a lot of experience under their belts with the medical devise that is used to perform the staple line... ironically now in the US the VSG is also being done in "clinics" and even as a day surgery to hold down the costs ... if you've had surgery before you would know how you'll react to anesthesia and how you yourself heal. and where youre comfort zone is. As for the actual prices in Mexico they vary due to the pricing wars going on due to US insurance acceptance and fewer self pays.... I paid $10K for a daughter 2 years ago Alverez/he is fantistic... he performed the procedure in a hospital that you would have thought was 1938 in US (exceptionally clean though)... nurses used reusable needles etc. and I can't say enough about his perfect sleeve for my daughter... I went to Almanza paid $5200 and had absolutely no issues... had no gas and was moving and able to fly easier than my daughter who is 25 years younger.... so there are a lot of factors involved with what you decide to pay.... I have to also admit that I work in the Pharmaceutical industry... understand and am comfortable with international doctors and I also understood the actual VSG proedure... length of time under anesthesia etc. 42 minutes for me... good luck in your decision....

I LOVE My VSG!                5'6" SW/222  CW/169 GW/150
NursieGirl
on 7/15/10 3:34 am
That's interesting to read Phil.  I paid quite a bit less than you did, and my vitals were frequently checked throughout my stay.  Hopefully, that is indicative of changes taking place at this facility.

browneyedDeeva
on 7/15/10 7:43 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
my vitals were checked so much that it was annoying lololol

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

jhdez1998
on 7/15/10 4:48 am - CA
VSG on 11/19/12
Hi thanks everyone:) I do plan on looking into the doctor but price is very important too,  as I'm saving up the cash to get this done.  I have been to Mexico before to have my teeth repaired and also to have my gallbladder removed.
NursieGirl
on 7/15/10 4:55 am
You'll probably be very comfortable there then!  I sure was!  I think Mexico is a great option for people who are well prepared and have appropriate expectations

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views