Updates ;)

RollTideRoll
on 7/13/10 5:27 am - Montgomery, AL
First, as always, I will start with an update of my momma :).. She is doing really good and thanks God everyday for not having to be hooked up to a drain or TPN. The only problem that we've had it her joints have been bothering her. We took her to the doctor for that and they gave her a shot and she is all better now. Today is dad's birthday and we are celebrating that. My senior pictures are this Friday and then I have a dentist appointment next Monday to set up a date to get my wisdom teeth out. Family reunion on my mom's side July 29.. vacation Aug. 2-Aug.8..

Last but not least, we have finally sent out five letters to five different news people with our story and a picture of my momma on a ventilator. CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!! Maybe we can spread the story for people who don't know about this website or any other web thing. :)

Love always,
Amanda
ishary
on 7/13/10 7:27 am - Whittier, CA
Praise Jesus!!!!!
You Go Girl!!!!
Crossing my fingers and toes and praying like the Jesus Freak that I am!!!
LOL!!!
xoxoxo
Lap Band March 2007
Band Slipped -Emergency Removal May 2008
Dr. Lopez Corvala- Hospital Angeles TJ

VSG Jan. 28th, 2010
Dr. Almanza-Jerusalem Clinic

sassyscorpio
on 7/13/10 3:55 pm
Glad your mom is so much  better Amanda!

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

cally09
on 7/17/10 2:53 pm - costa mesa, CO
It looks like you band slipped from you post... I went to Lopez Corvala . I had a band 9 months ago.. Could you please tell me how you knew your band slipped? what were the symptoms?

If you read my posts about fills and post op visits in Mexico you can read about the terrible experience I am currently having.. They sent me for a endoscopy on a Saturday.. I took the results back to Lopez Corvalas office and they were gone for the day.. Monday came, the receptionist tells me they are out of the office for the week.. I haven't  heard from them over email or anything.. I don't know what to do with my malfuntioning band.. Fills last one day and I have no pain... Can you tell be about your experience with the band slip... Thank you very much,
Cally
cally09
on 7/18/10 4:31 am - costa mesa, CO
Hello,
I was reading your posts that you experienced a band slip.. I might have a similar situation, although I do not have any pain...
Can you tell me what you experienced? I also had Lopez Corvala do my band 9 months ago.. I've lost 30 lbs.... Not very much... I was looking to lose 60lbs by now... I would appreciate any info you can share about your band and why you decided to do the sleeve.. Are you happy with the sleeve?

I don't know if I should have my band removed or what.... Do you recommend Lopez Corvalas team?
Thank you in advance for any info you are willing to share with me..
Cally
RollTideRoll
on 7/20/10 2:02 pm - Montgomery, AL
I don't know anything about Lopez Corvala.. we had surgery with Dr. A... My band hasn't slipped. My mom had complications due to a perforated stomach.. The sleeve is less complicated and has a lower complication rates. From what I've heard about band slipages is that you won't feel anything.. Sorry I can't be of too much information about this.
rere49
on 7/18/10 3:32 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
We are all praying for a complete recovery, and an end to the problems that put people in peril.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views