Anyone have info on Dr. Ortiz In MX

jules777
on 7/10/10 9:25 am - CA
Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Ortiz in Tiajuana, MX.?..I had a open gastric bypass in 1992 and I want revision surgery... I looked into the ROSE procedure but got lots of negative comments on here that it was no good... I am paying for this myself so I need to go out of the country for surgery... I was considering Dr. Ortiz by getting lap-band over bypass... Any input would be greatly appriciated!!!   Thanks!! Jules
Emily F.
on 7/10/10 12:10 pm
Not sure on the doc but wanted to suggest you also look at ds. Good luck.
Kelleigh710
on 7/10/10 12:37 pm
Hey Jules,

I have not been to Dr. Ortiz but he was one of a few I was considering for my revision too. I had an open RNY in 2000 and recently had a band over bypass in Mexico with Dr. Corvala at the Onesity Control Clinic at Hospital Angeles. He's well versed in the procedure and was able to maintain the laproscopic approach and NOT cut me open despite the huge amount of scar tissue. Good luck with researching Dr. Ortiz, I heard he's quite good. If you have any questions on the BOB (band over bypass) please let me know

Kel
cally09
on 7/17/10 2:42 pm - costa mesa, CO
Read my post about fills in Mexico!  Dr. Corvala and his team are unbelievable about post op patient care...  I also had a scar revision from the band he put in... My scar was big red and thick....I truly do not believe he and his 2  associate doctors Dr. Carmen and Dr. Cleysa care much about you once you return to the states.....
I cannot get them to address my problem of zero resriction...I've only had a band for 9 months.... Then they actually tried to blame that I might have a leak on the fact that I went to a USA fill center here in CA.. I only went there because  Dr. Corvalas office would never return my calls about my zero  restriction...
 In fact, when I went into the fill center, the doctor aspirated the fluid from my band, It was barely ..5cc... He knew my band was not functioning properlly...

Meanwhile, Dr. Lopez Corvalas office don't seem to care about a malfunctioning band.... They  haven't even called me to discuss an action plan or suggestions for me to think about,or what my endoscopy said.. It is shameful....
I wouldn't recommend dealing with any Doctor who didn't adress my concerns within a reasonably peroid of time... Weeks going by, no emails, no phone calls from any staff is unacceptable.....
Cally
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views