I've made my decision FINALLY!

gottago
on 7/7/10 7:33 am
I have decided not to go to Mexico.  I found a doctor in MI that offers the VSG for $11,200 complete!  I am going to Dr. Pleatman.  He specializes in the VSG and has done many of them.  The more I look, the more I feel the need to stay in the U.S. 

I discovered some groups on Yahoo for lap band and VSG.  It was quite the eye opener.  The tactics some Mexican doctors use to get patients is nothing short of disgusting!  I found this today,   http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Mexican_Bandsters/  It was posted on several boards.  What kind of person stoops to this level to get business?!

I certainly will not support this, so while I would save money by going to Mexico, I feel better spending a few extra dollars and staying in the U.S. where this practice is not acceptable. 

I want to say thank you to all of those here on the Mexican forum that gave me advice.  I hope everyone does well with their surgery!
shendricks
on 7/7/10 8:33 am - Wolf Point, Mt
Um I am missing something, the site link is to a group forum page that specifically ask that particular doctor information/ links be avoided??  Do you have to join the group to see the area that you are talking about?

Sharon

gottago
on 7/7/10 10:42 am
The link is to a forum much like this one.  You need to join to read.  This is only one of them that I found, there were others.  I can look back and see what the other sites are.
shunt1960
on 7/8/10 1:43 am
VSG on 04/28/10 with
I think I too am missing something....I don't see a problem with this site at all. It's much like this one.
SW /CW/GW   307.6/202/180    Not a Sprint but what a Journey it is

gottago
on 7/8/10 10:15 am
Nothing wrong with the sites.  I suppose it is impossible to police everyone and everything that is written.  I was disgusted by the information I found about certain people and the lengths gone to so as to discredit some surgeons and push toward the one that is obviously handing out kickbacks.  The whole thing seems shady to me.  I feel much better staying in the USA.  That is the best decision for ME.  I found the same post on these sites too.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MexicoVSG/messages?o=1
http://www.lapbandsurgeryforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=248
NursieGirl
on 7/8/10 11:42 am
 It is indeed a problem, especially for new people who have not seen the odyssey unfold.  However, many people have gone to many surgeons in Mexico with no problems.  You just have to sift through the crap.

In any case, congratulations on doing your research and making the best decision for yourself!

browneyedDeeva
on 7/8/10 12:02 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
i agree with Nursie girl,
many people had their surgeries in Mexico and had no problems including me . and in all honesty there is crapola everywhereeeeeeeee not just in Mexico. actually right nere in the us there was ehh , never minddddd in any case,
good luck with ur decision

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

NursieGirl
on 7/8/10 12:17 pm
 You know you can use my name, right?  *snicker*

browneyedDeeva
on 7/8/10 2:15 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
yesssssssssss dear, but i didnt know that some members knew ur 1st name ~~~~~~~~ lol

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Anew Start
on 7/9/10 2:39 am
grats on the upcoming surgery :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics