Financing questions

TcherDawn
on 7/5/10 3:15 am
Has anyone had good/bad experiences with the financing companies, or had friends with good/bad experiences?  They had calculators right on their websites to let me calculate how much my payment would be.  That sounded straightforward to me.  But then I was thinking maybe there are some hidden "gotcha"s that they don't list.  We just paid off all of one credit card and most of another, and I do not want to get us into credit trouble with this. 
What are some things I need to think about before pusuing a financing option?  Thanks all.  
Dawn
Kelleigh710
on 7/5/10 5:46 am
Dawn,

If I were you, I would consider using a credit card. I was dealing with e-financing solutions and was approved at an intrest free rate for 1 year and then 10% thereafter. Now, I knew there would be some fees associated with this, but NEVER had I imagined the medical loan fees they had. All I needed was $3,500. They said by the time I was done paying, I owed them $6500. So even if I had paid it all within the first year, they were entitled to that $3000 fee. Ridiculous. I used a credit card because the fees are simply WAY too much!
judycay
on 7/5/10 12:45 pm, edited 7/5/10 12:45 pm
I can't answer specifics regarding financing companies but the dollar to peso ratio is much stronger in July than it was in June.   Predictions are the market will remain tenuous until elections are completed throughout Mexico.   This will have no impact on border cites which everything is based on US dollars but the interior of the country - you are getting more for your money in a fluctuating economy.
 It is hovering around 13 pesos to 1 dollar but if it hits 15 as it did last winter - that is the time to purchase services in pesos.
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics