How many shakes a day should you have ?

browneyedDeeva
on 6/24/10 9:49 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
heyyyyyy everyone,
i am confuzzled !!!! this sat will be my 1 month surgerversary im still on soft foods(mush) the end of the month i will begin eating reg. my question is i am having 2 protein drinks a day 1 for breakfast and 1 for an after dinner snack . is that ok? is it too many calories? 1 scoop is 157 calories and i always use 8 ounces skim milk 91 calories i do not want to hinder my weight loss efforts over a shake im just trying to get my protein in as i am a vegetarian. thank you guys in advance

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Emily F.
on 6/24/10 10:15 am
I don't know about calories, I only focus on proteins and carbs, but I try to get at least a double scoop in if not two. How many grams of protein does your shake have? You want at least 60 a day for a sleever and if you are a veg. it would be wise to go ahead and get 40-50 a day from a shake. sounds like you are doing something very smart for your health. I wouldn't worry about those calories, the benefit of the protein outweighs the cal.
browneyedDeeva
on 6/24/10 12:36 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
heyyyyyyy,
thank you sooooooo much for ur info i really appreciate it my protein has 25 grams so ur right 2 a day would be ok wahooooooo i feel better now

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

judycay
on 6/25/10 11:00 pm
You may want to consult with your PCP and ask for a referal to a dietician well versed in weight loss surgery.  The reason would be help you understand how to calculate grams of protien, grams of fiber, carb and fat exchanges and work with your dietary limitations to customize a plan that you can live with. 

I have food allergies and some protein drinks I am not able to tolerate; consulting with a registered dietician with a background in weightloss surgery (not some geek in GNC) has made a world of difference in my health.   My insurance does not cover WLS but did cover my dietary consultations - yours may also?

Wishing you the BEST!
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
browneyedDeeva
on 6/26/10 12:01 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
browneyedDeeva
on 6/26/10 12:05 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
thank you Judy, i think ur right im going to look for one for sure i want to do this right and being a vegetarian makes me a lil more confuzzled on how to get my proteion in

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views