Dr. Joya - Good and Bad - I need info about this dr. please

dlayton603
on 6/23/10 2:23 am - Raleigh, NC

Can anyone give me a little insite on Dr. Joya and your experience with him in Mexico? I want the good and the bad - if there is any.  I have my surgery scheduled with him Dec. 17th 2010 .

Donna Layton
[email protected]
Boscogirl
on 6/23/10 5:54 am - TX
I have never heard anything negative about this doc.  I know there are several people on the VSG board that have used him so maybe post this over there.  This board has become so negative that not very many people even come here so that is probably why no one has responded.  Wishing you ALL the best...the sleeve is AWESOME!!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
dlayton603
on 6/23/10 6:18 am - Raleigh, NC
Thank you very much.  I will try the VSG board.
Donna Layton
[email protected]
Anew Start
on 6/23/10 7:11 am
I've not heard anything bad either :) best wishes on your sleeve :)

FabBy50 .
on 6/24/10 2:52 am - Everett, WA
On June 23, 2010 at 9:23 AM Pacific Time, dlayton603 wrote:

Can anyone give me a little insite on Dr. Joya and your experience with him in Mexico? I want the good and the bad - if there is any.  I have my surgery scheduled with him Dec. 17th 2010 .

Put his name in the search engine at the top right. That will pull up all of the posts with his name in it. Good luck!
csanddex
on 6/24/10 5:09 am
yes and put his name in google.
Sharonda
on 6/25/10 4:03 am - Canada
VSG on 11/10/09 with
Hi,
I had my VSG last November with Dr Joya.  I am thrilled with the results and all went well with my surgery and post op care while in PV.   I have been going to my GP back here in Canada for follow up blood work monitoring (at 3 and 6 months).  You are in good hands and he and his staff will take good care of you.  

The only useful tip I can ever think of is to get your prescriptions from him the day of you consultation with him and then have them filled prior to your surgery.  Not that it is difficult, but you may have to go to more than one pharmacy to get them all filled so it just takes one thing off your plate once the surgery is done.  Best of luck to you.
Sharonda
 5'4"
HW 242
SW 202
GW 115
CW 146

IMSvelte
on 6/25/10 3:45 pm

Aha Good advice!  
shunt1960
on 6/25/10 9:46 am
VSG on 04/28/10 with
I had VSG done on April 28th and have nothing but good things to say.  I would go back again as they took excellent care of me and I have had no problems what so ever.  There are several people on here that have used Dr Joya or are going to him soon.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.  
SW /CW/GW   307.6/202/180    Not a Sprint but what a Journey it is

queenfairy
on 7/10/10 2:34 pm - midland, TX
RNY on 02/17/09 with
i had my surgery on 2/17/09 i just had a baby two months ago i lost 125lbs it was the best thing i ever did in my life!!! the greates experience ever i would recomend it to everybody and the beach isbeautiful too let me know if you still need info i will gladly answer your questions

TaNyA BeCeRrA

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views