Looking for a MX buddy for Sept 20th

kimberly5022
on 6/23/10 12:55 am
I am going to MX for the band on Sept 20th. I am seeing Dr. Alamarza. Let me know if you know how to find someone or if you yourself are going?

Thanks all..

Kim
RollTideRoll
on 6/23/10 6:47 am - Montgomery, AL
Hey Kim! Congrats on taking the next step towards a new life! I would recommend getting the sleeve. The band has too many complications.. and when you want to get a fill, it will be tough trying to find a place in your state. :) Keep us updated though girl!
Love always,
Amanda
Kelleigh710
on 6/23/10 9:12 am
Hi Kim,

I'm not going in September, but Amanda did make a good point about aftercare. I didn't have a hard time finding aftercare here in Massachusetts. I found a great surgeon who isn't gouging me with program fees and I will simply be paying $75.00 per visit to him for follow up or for a fill. Either way that's the price. While you may find someone just as great in your state and relatively fast, you just want to be sure to have that lined up before you go. Some aftercare docs like mine require specifics. Mine wanted an Allergan band only and it had to at the very least be a VG system and he wants the serial number from the band, a copy of my ops notes, barium swallow, etc. I found that doctors in my area were willing to work with me as long as I had all of that, but after meeting Dr. Glasgow, I knew he was the one I wanted to deal with because he has treated me like one of his own patients. So start calling around and be proactive because September will be here before you know it! Best of Luck, ~Kel
kimberly5022
on 6/23/10 9:45 am
Thanks for the tip, I will definately find a dr in the area first.

Kim
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/10 1:00 pm
Hi Kim...Also, before you go, it would be an extremely good idea to have an upper GI series done as a way to have your 'before' pictures on file. It's possible you may need them if you find you didn't get what you paid for.
Kelleigh710
on 6/24/10 2:02 am
Thats another really great point. Dr. Corvala required me to have an Upper GI and Endoscopy before he agreed to my surgery to make sure there were no ulcers, fistulas, and to provide evidence of pouch dilation. Good Call!
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/10 5:30 am
 Thanks! I'm very happy I had my 'before' pics taken as well. They are coming in very handy!
browneyedDeeva
on 6/28/10 12:15 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?