Dr. Juan Antonio Corvala Lopez whats the scoop?

kimberly5022
on 6/23/10 9:56 am

Anyone out there ever use this Dr. He is located at the Angeles Hospital in Mexico.
Kelleigh710
on 6/23/10 11:42 am, edited 6/23/10 11:58 am
Hey Kimberly,

I'm going to be there on Tuesday with Dr. Corvala. I just sent you a PM.

~Kel
Zanthina
on 6/24/10 4:02 am - Jefferson City, MO
I'm scheduled with Dr. Corvala on July 27th for Vertical Sleeve Plication.  Any information anyone can share would be very helpful to me, too.
Kelleigh710
on 6/24/10 4:15 am
Of course and congrats on going for the Sleeve Plication, I have heard that the results have been very favorable with that procedure.  I will be sure to update you as soon as I get back 
liveinphx
on 6/25/10 3:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
On June 24, 2010 at 11:02 AM Pacific Time, Zanthina wrote:
I'm scheduled with Dr. Corvala on July 27th for Vertical Sleeve Plication.  Any information anyone can share would be very helpful to me, too.
I have never heard of Vertical sleev plication, what is it and how does it differ from the normal vertical sleeve procedure?
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Kelleigh710
on 6/25/10 12:20 pm
The sleeve plication is a new approach to doing the sleeve. Dr. Corvala is one of the few surgeons in the world doing this. Basically, instead of cutting the stomach, it is folded and stapled. It's supposedly better for recovery. I don't know much beyond that, but here's a link to help you with your research. The first gastric sleeve plications are to be done under the control of Dr. Corvala and his team, as it states in the article.

http://www.inspire.com/HealthTraveler/journal/bariatric-time s-reports-on-latest-gastric-sleeve-plication-clinical-trial/ 

And another one:

http://www.peopleofsize.com/people-of-size-news/326/Angeles- Health-International-Offers-US-Patients-Innovation-in-Less-I nvasive-Weight-Loss-Surgery
Spring Rainn's
on 6/25/10 3:53 pm - Canada
I maybe wrong but my understanding is that no staples are used just sewn.
Kelleigh710
on 6/25/10 10:23 pm
Rain, you're definitley right... It was super late when I wrote this and I was pretty over tired. Thanks for the correction!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views