Ughhh

RollTideRoll
on 6/21/10 10:20 am - Montgomery, AL
Sorry for the face, I'm a little pissed off here. But forget about the drama... this is and update, to which I'm going to post everyday, if there is progress or failure, no matter who gets irritated ;) I just got back from seeing my momma. She is very confused today for some reason.. She keeps saying that she's going to work tomorrow and thinking about what she's cooking for us tonight. She also keeps mentioning watching WHEEL OF FORTUN, which she has never really watched. She thinks today is Sunday and she thinks it's morning time.

The doctor took her for her cat scan today.. the hole hasn't closed.. so no food :( Poor momma.. her mouth is so dry, her voice isn't even the same anymore. I told her that I posted her story on two more websites and she likes the idea that I'm spending so much time spreading her story! So as long as she's okay with it, I will continue to do it regardless of what anyone says. YOU AINT MY MOMMA  hah.
Love always,
Amanda
Heather :o)
on 6/21/10 11:37 am
Sorry to hear the hole is still there.

As far as her mouth being dry, does the hospital have lemon glycerin swabs she can clean her mouth with?
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
RollTideRoll
on 6/21/10 1:24 pm - Montgomery, AL
Yeahh, but I guess they don't help the way she wants them to. I don't think she likes the taste of lemons either.. but she has tried it.
Heather :o)
on 6/22/10 12:16 am
Is she allowed ice chips?
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
RollTideRoll
on 6/22/10 5:55 am - Montgomery, AL
umm.. she might be. I don't think she has tried it yet. I will ask and see :) Thanks for the info. Are you an RN or LPN? Sounds like you'd make a great one :D
heidinsd
on 6/21/10 4:28 pm - Poway, CA

My mom was in the icu for a long time once (not wls related) and she was confused also the nurses told us they call it icu syndrome. Also my mom was on a vent and her voice changed too. You have to remember she is still on meds that probably make her foggy. She will get better in time. I know its hard to see her that way. Take care!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views