shopping in mexico

Anew Start
on 6/22/10 2:08 am
Those who had surgery in Juarez, did you have time to shop while you were there? I guess another appropriate question is did you FEEL like shopping? 

Where did you go shopping? Oh and tell me about your delicious finds and sweet deals :)

N H.
on 6/22/10 2:23 am - FL
I had my surgery last June in TJ (Dr. Almanza).  I felt great after surgery, but standing on my feet for about 45 minutes while shopping kicked my butt.

There were beautiful things to look at , but after an hour all I wanted to do was lay down.

This VSG has been the best thing I have ever done for myself.  I feel so much better.  My blood sugar, BP and cholesterol are all normal.  I have lost weight and gained self confidence.

I did have the 4-5 month hair molting season, stalls and such...but I wish I had done this 20 years ago.

Good luck to you and remember this isn't a race, keep your eye on the end goal and you will do great.

Nancy
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
Anew Start
on 6/22/10 3:02 am
Great Advice Nancy :) thank you

re: the hair "molting" how bad does it actually get?  I hear a lot of the women just opt for shorter haircuts...kinda hoping to hold on to my length, but it's just hair, right? :)

judycay
on 6/22/10 6:56 am
It has been a long time since I was shopping in Juarez - I do have a couple of nice carved masks I bought there in 1983.   I can't remember if there were leather goods there of quality? 

I scheduled a Mexico shopping trip today to Ticul, south and east of Merida that makes much of the pottery in the Yucatan.,   The city is also known for the shoe factories and outlets.  Last time we went my friend bought 30 pairs of shoes.   We better take a large vehicle.

Hair - As I get older it gets thicker, like a carpet.   I never lost hair with any surgery, I was hoping I would because that would account for about 6 pounds.  It is one of those things you either have too much or not enough I think - how many people are truly happy with their hair?
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
Anew Start
on 6/22/10 7:15 am
LOL yes indeed...you need a larger car this time if you're taking the shoe friend! I'm guessing in all reality, I probably will just want to take advantage of the couple days there to relax and heal up before heading home to my kids!

I'll probably be ok with the hair thing (i hope) I have thick hair to begin with, so hoping that helps :)

thanks for the advice

N H.
on 6/22/10 8:48 am - FL
At about 5 monhths post-op, it was almost like I had to shave the bathroom floor!

I tried the Biotin and other stuff.  It made no difference to the hair on my head.....however, it gave me a luxorious pelt to my upper lip and pit hair!!!! LOL.

Good luck.  It is a very exciting journey you are about to take.
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
Anew Start
on 6/22/10 9:53 am
LMAO @ luxurious pelt on upper lip and pits

thanks for the laughs!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey