OH - SHUT DOWN THE MX FORUM.....

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 6/21/10 9:32 pm
exactly.  I do NOT get why people think "free speech" only goes for those they agree with.

I was very lucky and very soon after I decided that VSG was the surgery for me, I ran into people with unbiased info and learned a great deal.  I will never stop being thankful I got such good info and from a wide variety of people, not just a few.

pre-ops really need to go beyond this forum and use ALL of OH for info. there are hundred and hundred of helpful people here: use them!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Boscogirl
on 6/22/10 1:34 am - TX
Well, you "heard" wrong.  We were all already on Facebook and yes, we have a support group there, and no....it is NOT just for our surgeon and warm and fuzzy stuff (the purpose of it so that WE are not bombared by hateful attacks by a select few from OH), but that does not mean that we don't still use OH as a source for support and encouragement....sheesh.  Search all of our recent posts and you will see the truth.  Besides a few run ins with MWG and her alter egos we do not post negativity and WE DO NOT AND HAVE NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH DR. ALAMANZA OR ANYONE ELSE.....quite the contrary....we are a very supportive bunch of people.  Thank you.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/10 12:54 am - AZ
why in the world wouldn't you want pre ops to hear the good and the bad? there are people who have been in the hospital for months and they all seem to revolve around one doctor. don't you think pre ops should know about this?

there are other forums you are free to visit, there is a block feature, or... simply do not read what does not interest you. if you don't like the coordinators slam dunking a child with a sick mother feel free to report them to OH.
Kelleigh710
on 6/22/10 12:57 am
I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions...it's just that it is so repetitive, over and over and over again. I'm pretty sure any pre-ops that know how to use the search button on the site will come across all the posts that everyone has put up, so why repeat all the time?
zsflower
on 6/22/10 8:51 am - Elk Grove, CA

You are welcome to come my forum if you would like.  I don’t use it at all because I just don't have the time.  What's there now is mostly spam, but that can be removed.  Someone would have to volunteer to moderate the board in order to keep it drama free because as I said, I just don't have the time.   Here's the link.  http://www.lapbandsurgeryforum.com/index.php

If you want to moderate it, please send me an email and I will hand the reins to you.

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

Chasman
on 6/22/10 2:42 pm
Shutting down the Mexico Forum would be moronic. Folks come here for knowledge. Knowledge is vital to making good decisions. Good outcomes/bad outcomes, folks here should be able to read each persons experience. 'Nuff said.

Cheers,
Chas

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views