OH - SHUT DOWN THE MX FORUM.....

Boscogirl
on 6/22/10 1:27 am - TX
Where is she being bullied??  I keep seeing people saying that but the only negatiive thing I remember was the smoking issue.  All I see is support and well wishes for her mother.  And, yes, the repetitiveness is getting old....but bullied???  I don't think so.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Heather :o)
on 6/22/10 11:34 am
On June 22, 2010 at 8:27 AM Pacific Time, Boscogirl wrote:
Where is she being bullied??  I keep seeing people saying that but the only negatiive thing I remember was the smoking issue.  All I see is support and well wishes for her mother.  And, yes, the repetitiveness is getting old....but bullied???  I don't think so.
Oh Please. Don't be so patronizing, it is not very becoming of you. You along with others have been nasty to her. Read through your most recent posts and ask yourself if you feel proud about how you talked to a scared teenage girl over the past few days.

If you think she is starting drama, NEWSFLASH...she is 17, it is AGE APPROPRIATE  for her, but it is not at all age appropriate for you.

If you don't like her posts just block her and STFU about it.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Non-Smokin guy
on 6/22/10 1:04 pm
On June 22, 2010 at 6:34 PM Pacific Time, ***Heather *** wrote:
Oh Please. Don't be so patronizing, it is not very becoming of you. You along with others have been nasty to her. Read through your most recent posts and ask yourself if you feel proud about how you talked to a scared teenage girl over the past few days.

If you think she is starting drama, NEWSFLASH...she is 17, it is AGE APPROPRIATE  for her, but it is not at all age appropriate for you.

I too have not found actual posts saying outright that she is or has been bullied. Many posts I've read usually indicate they've grown weary of the repetitive postings to the board. I do see the exception with a single prior poster but nothing more. If I've missed a post indicating this then by all means direct me to it. It does seem rather unfair to blanket all us in saying we are bullying her. A child of 17 that she be, repetitive or tiresome hmm.. perhaps. Either way I found my way here for information & support that's what I intend to continue seeking.     

I am not without compassion for what her mother has experienced with her severe surgery complications. I hope the mother experiences a full recovery and I wish peace for her family so they may continue to enjoy life together again.

Have a great day!

Heather :o)
on 6/22/10 1:16 pm
On June 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM Pacific Time, married guy wrote:
On June 22, 2010 at 6:34 PM Pacific Time, ***Heather *** wrote:

I too have not found actual posts saying outright that she is or has been bullied. Many posts I've read usually indicate they've grown weary of the repetitive postings to the board. I do see the exception with a single prior poster but nothing more. If I've missed a post indicating this then by all means direct me to it. It does seem rather unfair to blanket all us in saying we are bullying her. A child of 17 that she be, repetitive or tiresome hmm.. perhaps. Either way I found my way here for information & support that's what I intend to continue seeking.     

I am not without compassion for what her mother has experienced with her severe surgery complications. I hope the mother experiences a full recovery and I wish peace for her family so they may continue to enjoy life together again.

Have a great day!
I never meant to insinuate that everyone was bullying her, that is a blanket statement and I am sure there are people who truly have compassion.

She is a scared kid, I have a daughter her age, god forbid it was me in ICU and my daughter posting for support I would hope that no matter how she posted, how often she posted, if she postes with poor grammar etc, that nothing would happen but her being welcomed with open arms by a bunch of adults.

Maybe I am more empathetic bc my daughter is her age, but I have seen snarky and condescending remarks and she is not a dumb girl, she knows when a post is dripping with sarcasm. 

I think people should just block her if hey don't want to read her posts. Its all very simple, just click the button.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Boscogirl
on 6/22/10 1:47 pm - TX
Well aren't you just a sweetheart...LOL 
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
rere49
on 6/21/10 2:14 pm
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Just because we agree to disagree, why should it be shut down? Because you do not agree with people? Just block us.  Some are trying to let others know of their experience good or bad. Most can't take the bad because it is their Doctor that is getting reported about. Sorry, maybe some of us are not making the experience all warm and fuzzy, but we do care that someone is warned and then has a problem. So I heard that you all moved to Facebook because you didn't like the drama, but now you are back, Nothing has changed. We are still supporting those who need it, and hopefully change some peoples mind to do more research before decieding to have major surgery in another country. Sorry if that offends you. I wish someone would have warned me and had taken the time to show me how to research.
sfasogbon
on 6/21/10 2:41 pm - Parkersburg, WV
 Just curious, you wish someone would have warned you about what? 

rere49
on 6/22/10 1:07 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
The dangers of not researching, just picking cheap. I did research, but I was not informed enough to the dangers of Mexico, and how to choose a surgeon. I went with my heart, speaking  to many people, and only one person seemed to understand how I felt, and that is where I went. It was important to me. I had never been out of my home state, and now I am going to Mexico, and for surgery. It is so important to check things out. I know we harp on certain places, but, it really is so important to ask, and maybe even take the time to go and check out the facility, meet all the staff who will be taking care of you. Make sure everyone is qualified in the OR and in the hospital to meet your needs safely. I for one do not care who you go to, I just want you all to be safe, and win this battle without having to fly home to another hospital and have your life hang in the balance, and put yourself and family through something that could have been avoided. I also understand the money issue, I was fat for all my life, and I know I was dying. I put a morgage on my house to do my first procedure (lapband). I just knew this was the best thing for me, and it was, but when it eroded and slipped, the nightmare began. I had to put another morgage on my house to pay for the removal. After that ,a year went by before I could get the sleeve done. Now I am at a place so close to goal that I am truly scared. Is this going to last??? I have never been here before. I am just trying to say, we are not all bad, we DO care that you are safe. We want you to come back and post positive things, and that your experience is GREAT!!! But the downside is, what happens today, we usually do not hear about it for 3-4 weeks, and then all is well, and people just keep risking their lives. PLEASE,  do not discredit those who are trying to help. We have no gain in this, just wanting you to be a happy and healthy person to help all of us here in the same boat. I am praying that you have a safe surgery with Dr. Almanza, and we will all be here waiting for your happy comments and enjoy your ride on the way to fat freedom. Good Luck and prayers are coming your way, and everyone who is heading to Mexico for a new begining!!
jenni80
on 6/23/10 4:16 am
I have a question, the dr you have listed below your avatar, is that the one you regret going to or was it another dr who did your lapband and then she did your vsg???

Jeanette  

rere49
on 6/23/10 4:51 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Dr. Haucuz did my band, he would not speak with me at all when it eroded. Never returned my calls or anything. So I had another Dr. remove my band and had to wait a year for the healing and then have the sleeve done by Dr. Pompa. She was GREAT!! Very professional. All the staff speaks English, a full recovery room with certified staff, monitors everything.Everything was available on site, lab and x-ray. I didn't have to be driven around to different places. It was an open procedure, and I had hardly any pain. What I did have, they managed it very well. I will probably return if I do not lose that last of my weight to see what is next on the list.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views