When did yall start full liquids?

sam30204
on 6/20/10 6:04 am
things like tomtato soup ect? I know different docs have different guidelines for post diets but I am curioud what everyone else ate and when. This clear liquids only is really hard on me. I feel like if  I could have something a little thivker with more substance it may substain me longer. Like right now all I can have is broth, jello. popsicles, and water ect. When did you guys go to full liquids? Thanks

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

boernecheryl
on 6/20/10 6:14 am - Boerne, TX
I'm with you, Sam!  I am SO TIRED of clear liquids!!!  I would give a body part right now for a bowl of cream of ANYTHING soup!!!!  Or even just a protein shake!
I think we should contact Dr. A tomorrow and beg for some lee-way.  Whaddaya think???
I'M HUNGRY!!!!

sam30204
on 6/20/10 6:22 am
On June 20, 2010 at 1:14 PM Pacific Time, boernecheryl wrote:
I'm with you, Sam!  I am SO TIRED of clear liquids!!!  I would give a body part right now for a bowl of cream of ANYTHING soup!!!!  Or even just a protein shake!
I think we should contact Dr. A tomorrow and beg for some lee-way.  Whaddaya think???
I'M HUNGRY!!!!
I think so! I am going to full liquids on day 7! I have to, I am starving like this. I am STRUGGLING to get any protien in on clears everything gags me!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

greenbaygirl
on 6/20/10 6:14 am - Hobart, WI
We did clear liquids the first 7 dyas, then full liquids the next 7 days, then mushies for two weeks and then went to regular diet being careful......no nuts and such til later. 

Glad to hear you are back home and sleeved!

Emily F.
on 6/20/10 8:41 am
I did nothing for 48 hours, then clears for days 3-7, but I could have drinkable yogurt, pudding (it was thin in Mexico) and juices, then soft on day 8.

But you should follow your surgeon's instructions.
Emily F.
on 6/20/10 8:42 am
Forgot to mention, tomatoes are very acidic and may give you some heartburn. I would stay away from anything tomato based for a while until your tummy heals.
NursieGirl
on 6/20/10 9:54 am
I have heartburn already, and have had for some time.  Should I be overly concerned about this?

Emily F.
on 6/20/10 9:58 am, edited 6/20/10 9:59 am
You surgeon SHOULD have sent you home with acid reducers. If not, get some now. Take everyday for at least a couple of weeks. Then you can get off them and see how it goes. I only had to take one box worth. Extra acid could damage your esophagus and tummy.
: I see now, that you haven't had surgery, I would take some acid reducers and contact your surgeon and see when you should stop for the surgery. Just make sure you get some when you are in Mexico to bring home.

Tomatoes will just hurt the situation. You want to stay away from acidic foods like some fruits and tomatoes, etc for a while.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
NursieGirl
on 6/20/10 10:04 am, edited 6/20/10 10:04 am
Right, I know how I treat it now with diet and OTC meds.  My surgeon is also aware of it.

Thanks!

browneyedDeeva
on 6/21/10 9:53 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
for me,
i was on a 3 day diet pre-op clear broths, yogurt, protein drinks, then after surgery ice pops, after i had the xray and all was well we were allowed to have clear broth that was for a few days then 5th day till 14 was full liquids mmmmmmm cream soups cream of asparagus, cream of mushroom, cream of brocolli, etc then 16 day to 28 day is soft foods which i am on now looking foward to eating reg foods at the end of the month for me it wasnt that bad
good luckkkkkkk

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?