Who or what was...

FWLizzie
on 6/19/10 3:11 am - Fort Worth, TX
Who or what was the most influential person or thing when it came to deciding  to have surgery?

What was your deciding moment?

Liz

sam30204
on 6/19/10 3:25 am
When my daughter had to stand up for me at her school becuase some kid called her momma fat. I was so proud of her and I didnt let it show but I was mortified

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

FWLizzie
on 6/19/10 3:36 am - Fort Worth, TX
Kids can be so cruel sometimes....but you know what, they only repeat and act according how they've been raised.

But look at you now Sam, you're on your way to a healthier and hotter you! I'm so glad things went well for you.

sfasogbon
on 6/20/10 2:03 am - Parkersburg, WV
 I actually read that story a while back on your blog and got teary eyed! I'm really happy for you and wish you nothing but success!!! :)

FWLizzie
on 6/19/10 3:34 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'll start....

My kids are the 2 little people that influence and inspire me to be a better person everyday. They've already lost one parent and I didn't want  them to be orphans at such a young age (15 and 6). I know that by me having surgery, I've increased the chances of a better and healthier life for us.

My deciding moment was last December when I took them to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags. It was so hard for me to jus****ch my kids get on the rides as I waited for them....because of my fear of not fitting in the seats.

On a positive note, I've lost 45 pounds in the last 2 months and am feeling great now. And guess what? We are going to Six Flags tomorrow!!!

I am thankful for my surgery and am Blessed to have such a wonderful group of people who I now call my friends.

Life is too short to be so bitter and resentful...If you're not happy, then is your responsibility to get there...not anyone elses. Only you can make YOU happy.

Liz

NursieGirl
on 6/19/10 3:41 am
I'm so happy for both of you and the changes in your lives, and in your children's lives.  They will have a better life because of the choices you are making now.  What good mommies!

Anew Start
on 6/19/10 4:20 am

I would have to say my children also.  I am so tired of *being tired*. Tired  of not doing the things I used to do with them.  I used to go all day long and not tire out.  I was the FUN mom.  Lately it seems like I'm the shut in mom because really all I want to do is hang out at home on the couch.  I'm doing this for them.  I'm doing this for me.  I'm looking forward to being the FUN mom again :) 

FabBy50 .
on 6/19/10 6:35 am - Everett, WA
My big AHA moment was when my nieces grandfather said to me "I remember when a stiff wind would blow you away, what happened" I wanted to punch him in the nose!! But since he was almost 90 at the time, I held back! LOL I decided then and there to have surgery!! So I have him to thank, and he passed away 6 months after. I never had a chance to say thanks to him!
Anew Start
on 6/19/10 8:27 am
LOL oh man...only kids and old people can get away with that :)

NursieGirl
on 6/20/10 3:25 am
OMG, I work with old people, and they call me fat all the time!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views