Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 6/18/10 12:18 pm
I would also strongly question a doctor with zero complications

who says their doctor has zero complications?  do you mean zero leaks, perhaps?

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

shendricks
on 6/18/10 12:41 pm - Wolf Point, Mt
Hi, I am relatively new to the board.  I am trying to make an informed decision regarding centers and providers in Mexico.  Much of what I have read on the board "appears" to be helpful. 

With the exception of one MD I have found that NO one names names when they allude to practitioners that they feel are dangerous.  Now maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places. 
I am a nurse practitioner in Montana, All surgeons and surgeries have risk and complications.  Not everyone will have a complication and even bad surgeons get lucky much of the time.  However, where there is smoke (lots of complications) something is usually going on. 

I would hope that people would just spit it out if they know something, so those of us who haven't made a decision might get some actual insight into who is safe and competent, no one can give guarantees. 

But some truthful insight who be great.  I am leaning heavily toward using Dr Aceves and would love to know if this is not someone I should go to.....

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/10 12:47 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
I don't know anything about Dr. Aceves but MWG tells me he is good. She will be along shortly to tell you everything that you want to know.

I'll email her and tell her your here.

sfasogbon
on 6/18/10 12:47 pm - Parkersburg, WV
 Yeah, that's the point...TRUTHFUL insight WOULD be great!!!

shendricks
on 6/18/10 12:58 pm - Wolf Point, Mt
So... Does that mean that you know something about Dr Aceves or his group that is negitive?  That's what I mean by everyone seems to allude to stuff but no "real" information.  Not trying to be tacky just so confused by all of the back and forth without any substance.

Sharon

sfasogbon
on 6/18/10 1:31 pm - Parkersburg, WV
 If I did indeed experience any complications, I would most certainly share the information. However, I would never speak about a surgeon I have never been to, or give false information based on hearsay. I honestly have never heard anything negative about Dr. Aceves. The only negativity I have seen from that group are from the people who work for him, which to me, is part of the reason I chose another surgeon. It's not an easy decision, but I feel good about mine! Good luck with everything!

FabBy50 .
on 6/18/10 3:15 pm - Everett, WA
On June 18, 2010 at 7:58 PM Pacific Time, shendricks wrote:
So... Does that mean that you know something about Dr Aceves or his group that is negitive?  That's what I mean by everyone seems to allude to stuff but no "real" information.  Not trying to be tacky just so confused by all of the back and forth without any substance.

Sharon
I have never been to Dr. Aceves, but I have been a member of this forum for a long time. I have never heard anyone say anything negative about him, very much the opposite. You can private messag some of the members that have used him, and they will give you all the info you need.  Put his name in the search box at the top right and it will bring up posts about him. Good luck sweetie, I hope that helps you out!
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/10 7:58 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On June 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM Pacific Time, sfasogbon wrote:
 Yeah, that's the point...TRUTHFUL insight WOULD be great!!!
You wouldn't know TRUTHFUL insight if it walked up to you and introduced itself..

You are so desperate to lose the weight that you are willing to risk your life with ALMANZA because he is the CHEAPEST.

sfasogbon
on 6/20/10 1:59 am - Parkersburg, WV
 Wow, I didn't know you knew me so well! And how did you gather this wealth of information about me? Have you been speaking to my therapist? You really do know everything!! 

Is that really your only argument??? You are pathetic!

You want to know what I consider "desperate to lose weight"????? My mom who took out her life insurance and retirement in order to have this surgery HERE IN THE USA. She has paid over $18,000 for her surgery, and will be paying it off for a LOOOOONG time. Now THAT is desperate, and I really feel sorry for her. I only wish she would have known about MY surgeon before she made her decision. Oh, not to mention, her surgeon has only done a few VSG operations......mine has done almost 2,000. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views