the real trolls

judycay
on 6/18/10 8:01 am

People who are coordinators or affiliated with a medical practice have an ethical obligation to identify themselves on boards.    There appear to be several associated with various practices that simply don't identify their affiliation - that speaks loudly regarding the ethics of that doctor and the practice itself.

Some parties seem to be confused about what consitutes trolling.   Reading months and months of posts, of the coordinaters who identify themselves, I don't see any incidence on board of solicitation, most side step to make sure we aren't violating ethical considerations.   However, in reading the posts of certain individuals, I see many trying to hard sell a surgeon or slander a particular practice.   Again, that speaks to the ethics of that particular doctor whom is being sold.

Weight loss surgery patients are very smart, pro-active people - if they weren't they would accept fate and remain fat.  When particular doctors are crammed down peoples throats by people with no obvious affiliation using fear tactics - it becomes clear they do have an agenda and that constitutes trolling, solicitation, pimping - whatever you want to call it.

So be mindful when reading posts, if the practice is being thrown at you as the only choice through fear or intimidation, I would question the ethics of the individual and possibly the ethics of the surgeon themselves.   I would also strongly question a doctor with zero complications.  That is an obvious lie.   There is no such thing as 100%.

Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
sfasogbon
on 6/18/10 8:18 am - Parkersburg, WV
 I agree entirely. Very well put! 

Anew Start
on 6/18/10 8:28 am
Beautifully put, and so true! 

FWLizzie
on 6/18/10 8:37 am - Fort Worth, TX
Like I've always said....research and then go with your gut instinct and don't let noone talk you out.

It doesn't matter what surgeon you use, do what you think is right for you.

Liz

LAX11
on 6/18/10 9:39 am
very well said!.... thank you... reading this board has often turned into a chess game.... one has to think 5 moves ahead why a person is saying what they arre saying....

appreiciate your thread!

I LOVE My VSG!                5'6" SW/222  CW/169 GW/150
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/10 9:57 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On June 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM Pacific Time, judycay wrote:

People who are coordinators or affiliated with a medical practice have an ethical obligation to identify themselves on boards.    There appear to be several associated with various practices that simply don't identify their affiliation - that speaks loudly regarding the ethics of that doctor and the practice itself.

Some parties seem to be confused about what consitutes trolling.   Reading months and months of posts, of the coordinaters who identify themselves, I don't see any incidence on board of solicitation, most side step to make sure we aren't violating ethical considerations.   However, in reading the posts of certain individuals, I see many trying to hard sell a surgeon or slander a particular practice.   Again, that speaks to the ethics of that particular doctor whom is being sold.

Weight loss surgery patients are very smart, pro-active people - if they weren't they would accept fate and remain fat.  When particular doctors are crammed down peoples throats by people with no obvious affiliation using fear tactics - it becomes clear they do have an agenda and that constitutes trolling, solicitation, pimping - whatever you want to call it.

So be mindful when reading posts, if the practice is being thrown at you as the only choice through fear or intimidation, I would question the ethics of the individual and possibly the ethics of the surgeon themselves.   I would also strongly question a doctor with zero complications.  That is an obvious lie.   There is no such thing as 100%.

How much do you get paid for every patient you refer ?

You are taking this personally because you are a patient coordinator, and you shouldn't. THIS isn't about how you earn a living. THIS is about protecting unsuspecting people from butchers like ALMANZA  PERIOD.

You have to make a living I GET THAT, but somebody needs to stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves, and you posting this smoke and mirrors bull**** is just that BULL****

judycay
on 6/18/10 10:03 am
You obviously have me confused with someone else - I don't have to earn a living.   I am at a point in my life where I don't need a paycheck - I can speak the truth without letting $ have any influence.
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/10 10:55 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On June 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM Pacific Time, judycay wrote:
You obviously have me confused with someone else - I don't have to earn a living.   I am at a point in my life where I don't need a paycheck - I can speak the truth without letting $ have any influence.
No, I don't think I have you confused with anybody. Why would you think that. I am also at a point in my life where I don't have to work  WAIT no I'm sorry I never really had to worry about work.
Dawn Just Dawn
on 6/18/10 12:34 pm
On June 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM Pacific Time, judycay wrote:
Hi,
Former Lap bander here, went to Mexico to get it done.

So, what does a "Patient Facilitator" do.  That is in your signature line, right?

Do you get payment from a doctor to refer or assist WLS patients? 
judycay
on 6/18/10 1:10 pm
I officially retired from business in 2002, I have been volunteering for quite some time, why do you ask?
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics