browneyedDeeva
on 6/18/10 8:08 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
agreed !!!!

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Anew Start
on 6/18/10 3:24 am
you CAN find support here..just have to sift through the bs.  There are people here that feel they are THE bottom line when it comes to *information* and that it's their job to dispense that information (whether you want it or not).  Again, it seems like some people only have time to troll this board to be negative, but there are people who care :) Your block button is your friend, use it, then network with people on here that have something worthwhile to say. 

take care :)

gottago
on 6/18/10 7:11 am, edited 6/18/10 7:11 am
Thank you imonalot. Thank you for your advice.  I will seek out helpful people and use the PM instead of posting.  This is the first board I have seen that allows people free reign to go crazy!  I was looking for a board with a large population to hopefully find lots of information.  Most of what I have found has been very small.  But I think this board is a lot less populated than it appears and people have probably left because of such craziness!

Midwestern, you are correct in saying that if I’m looking for support this is not the forum for me.  It's not for anyone!  I'm just getting a headache!  I’m not sure I understand what you mean about if I want to be sold a surgery this is my board.  All I’ve seen just makes me want to stay as far away from Mexico as possible! I guess the point is to get me to be afraid to go there and to stay in the US.   

I have no idea what you are talking about coordinators and posing as happy, peppy and slam dunking!  Your posts and responses to the posts of others are all over the place and bordering on manic!  What I am seeing is the same few posting the same thing over and over again like a broken record and some didn’t even use the doctors they are slamming!  And you, Dear are at the top of the crazy chain!

Thank you but I don’t want your “help". Goodbye
hollykim
on 6/18/10 7:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Boy,you pegged MWG real fast! Yes,sigh,she is the foremost troublemaker. You would do well to stay way away from her...

browneyedDeeva
on 6/18/10 8:10 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
lololol she sure did Holly :=0

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Anew Start
on 6/18/10 7:35 am
No problem :)

Don't be discouraged from going to Mexico either.  Just research and talk to different people and get their experiences etc.  Then, when it's all said and done..go with your gut instinct when you select your surgeon. 

I wish I knew more about this journey, but I'm presurgery so I'm in the learning process myself.  While I can't help you with anecdotal stuff re: surgery, if you're looking for someone to shoot the breeze with or to research, hit me up.  Add me to your friends list if you like :) 

When I first joined the board, there were a lot more posts and activity.  I am also going to assume that people are taking a break from the craziness that has been on this board the last couple weeks.  Or it could just be that Summer is in full swing and newly sleeved people are out enjoying their weight loss! :)  Whatever the reason may be, I expect that the board will pick up at some point.  You will then have to sift through even more bs to get to the good threads that are positive and encouraging.  I guarantee you there are a lot more supportive and encouraging people than the negative ones.  They just choose to not make fools of themselves and add to the drama.  Stick around or check back at a later date, I'm sure they will be back :)

take care!

Anew Start
on 6/18/10 9:02 am
Also as someone mentioned already, you may try just taking a break from here and peeking around on the main forum and VSG forum for awhile.  I find when it gets insane here that I have to move on where there's more activity and oddly enough..more accountability.  There's a lot more people that will call someone out on their BS if they become overbearing and just plain old rude.  I do like coming back here though because I like getting the information I need regarding surgery in mexico (stuff like passports, what to take, etc).  I really hate it when I come on and I see posts that are obviously going to be inflammatory.  It ruins the experience for a lot of us. It's one thing to have an opinion...its another entirely to cram it down our throats constantly. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/10 7:33 am - AZ
Yep, I knew the OP was another Almanza person. I was just waiting for them to show their true colors.

Job well done! ;o)
browneyedDeeva
on 6/18/10 8:03 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hello again ,
i totally understand where you r coming from , and i have to agree with you 100%. it was about 1 week before my surgery ,that i decided to speak out and boy did i.
i sent an email to OH letting them know the bs that was going on here ,along with the hospital where i was having my surgery performed (yes yesssssssss jerusalem hosp with dr Almanza which was fantastic i might add staff and all ) and also my coordinator and i still decided to have it done there and in mexico. not one complication i had i feel wonderful. but please dont let a few bad apples ruin it for the whole bunch. most of us on here are great people i wish u the very best

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

rere49
on 6/18/10 8:08 am, edited 6/18/10 8:19 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
I was wondering why you say a few bad apples? Most of the time the "Bad Apples" are trying to warn people of the problems. Most of the people who have had a problem do not post, Some do. They are major problems. Some people get their feelings hurt when their surgeon is the "bad one" too bad. I wish I would have known before a loved one went to a bad place for surgery.  I think you should go add just the posts of people with major problems with a certain Doctor and see what percentage you come up with. Also think about the ones who do not post. You may not like MWG, but 99.9% of the time she is correct in her findings. You do the math. I am hiding now before the poop hits the fan...Sorry if I offended anyone, but please read who is ill and how long they have been ill and what got them there, and who put them there, and did they help the person, or just send them to their attorney for information. Kinda like being in a boat in the ocean and asking for a lifjacket from the next boat, and they leave you high and dry...
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 428 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 619 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1205 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1832 views