Why the Craziness?!!

gottago
on 6/17/10 11:04 pm, edited 6/17/10 11:14 pm
I’m quite disappointed in this board.  I came here from a friend’s referral. She said I would find advice and support here.  Boy was she wrong!  I received only a minimal amount of advice and help, thank you to the couple of people that did offer advice.  

I spent several hours, days actually, reading this board looking for the experiences of other people hoping to find something to help me make my decision.  Instead all I have found is craziness!  I see the same few people monopolizing this board.  Perhaps because others have become sick of the childishness and left.  I have even received private messages trying to scare the heck out of me!  Do these people think they are helping anyone?  You claim to want to help, but all you are doing is making yourself look crazy!  You appear to be on this board 24 hours a day singing the same old song! 

I’ve even see people get mad at others just because they have a different opinion!    This is definitely not the place for anyone looking for help in researching surgery in Mexico.  It’s only a place to read about childish ranting and raving and “You should only go to this surgeon, not that one or you will probably die!"  What’s more, I am truly surprised that the owners of this board have allowed this to go on.  I would think they would not only be concerned about losing members, but also about the legal liability due to the seriousness of some of the statements made on this board.  

I’m not an attorney, but I do have a legal background and can’t believe what I’ve seen posted here.  I would be surprised if somebody doesn’t get sued, including the owners of this board!   If anyone can point me in the direction of a real support group board where I can get unbiased information, advice and help, I would appreciate it very much!  

Thank you!
Anew Start
on 6/18/10 1:14 am
I'm sorry you didn't find the help you were looking for.  I myself don't come on here as much as I did because of the same reason.  Not because I didn't get help (found a few cool people on here) but because the same people monopolize the forum with exactly what you wrote about above.  I agree...it seems that a very select few on here have nothing better to do than surf the forums looking for a fight.  My mom calls this "diarrhea of the mouth, constipation of the brain".

My suggestion is to block the ones that are problematic for you and if someone posts something that you really enjoy maybe contact them privately.  I have done that with a few gals on here and they are great :)

Best of luck to you :)

ps if you find that magical forum where haters arent allowed...let me know haha

browneyedDeeva
on 6/18/10 8:05 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
agreed !!!!

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

CAMom
on 6/18/10 1:36 am
ditto... you've gotta do your own research and go with your gut feeling. I did and I'm the happiest I have ever been. If you check the other sections of this board, it is entirely different. You will get a way better experience on another section. It's always heated here on the Mexico forum with the competition, the coornidators bickering and all the patients coming to the defense of their doctors.

I would hate to be so filled with hate and anger that I spent my life away on an internet forum constantly posting drama. I'm gettin skinny and enjoy'n my new life OFFLINE! ;)

To those that cause the drama (and you know who you are)... You only have one life to live... live it to the fullest... let other people worry about their own lives. It is their choice!

Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

judycay
on 6/18/10 1:42 am
Cheers!!!!!! 
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
browneyedDeeva
on 6/18/10 8:06 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
haha love it getting skinny in my off line life wahoooooooooooooooooo !!!!!

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

hollykim
on 6/18/10 1:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Unfortunately,the Mexico is not the positive board it could be due to some people who have their own agendas

I have been on this board for over two years and after a while you learn who to block or simply skip over their posts. There are MANY helpful people on many of the forums.

I would suggest you visit each of the forums for each surgery type,even if you are looking to go to Mexico. You will find the most info on those forums then once you have decided on your surgery type go from there.

In a public forum,as I'm sure you know,there is freedom of speech. Yes,many of the statements made are slanderous and at least one person I know of has a lawsuit pending against her for her slanderous statements. The owners of this site will remove offensive or slanderous posts if they are reported to them. They can't be everywhere at once and they do depend on us to let them know what is being posted.

Nearly everything i have learned about WLS preop and post op and the WLS lifestyle change has been learned on this site. You just have to sift for the info. I think you will be hard put to find a better site,though i certainly don't know all of them.

Good luck on your journey and if I can help please PM me.

Also,many people are suspicious of a new poster with a private profile. There are a lot of trolls who pass through just trying to cause trouble. there are also established members who make a second account,a troll account,so so they can get their mean on without anybody knowing it is them.

I understand you might want the privacy and might not want to spend the time making a profile but it could be the reason you didn't get many responses.
Holly

Others are children *****ally can't be held accountable for everything they say because they apparently don't know any better,so we have to overlook some of their statements.

browneyedDeeva
on 6/18/10 8:07 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
very well said Holly

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

jenni80
on 6/18/10 1:49 am
Hey hon, i understand what you mean.  I havent had surgery yet, but god be willing i have it by the end of summer.  I have been on the boards almost daily for info and advice for about a year now  to learn what i can about the surgery and there have been the same people on here over and over again being crazy.  you just have to ignore it and if its threatning or anything report it.  I cant give you advice on surgery because i havent had it, and thats one thing some people feel the need to do is give advice on things they havent even experienced and know nothing about.  One thing is, I dont know which surgery your having but for me I am going to have vsg.  There is a really good vsg board you can get alot of information from.  I hope this helps.

Jeanette  

FWLizzie
on 6/18/10 2:09 am - Fort Worth, TX
I had surgery 2 months ago and have lost 45 pounds. My focus is on me and being positive. At first, you get so caught up in all the mess and after a while you realize is the same people, so you learn to skip and be supportive to the ones that are here looking for support.

I'm supportive regardless of what Dr people decide to use but most are not. Most will only offer support if they're from their surgeon...whatever!

Research, research and research and then decide what's best for you and your cir****tances.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Liz

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 424 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 614 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1201 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1826 views