Which Mexican Docs Perform DS?

Sheanie
on 6/18/10 3:27 pm
Pay attention to who is giving you advice.  For instance, the more credible answers will be coming from a veteran DSer who is well respected. 

Judy is neither of these. 

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

judycay
on 6/18/10 11:17 pm
No, I am not a DS - I never claimed to be. 

I am not dissing the DS, nor experienced DS folks, they have much to offer, valuable advice and should step up to the plate.  

But to take all advice from this board and not seek medical advice from a surgeon, particularly on revision options is not only insane but dangerous.

I stand by my post - Dr. Ungson has a great record and second opinions from surgeons are a necessary part of any decision and especially a revision.
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
rugratmama
on 6/19/10 12:03 am - Charlotte, NC

I thank all of you for your advice. I've been in contact with Dr. Ungson and if all goes well, I should be going to see him soon!

I finally quit cheating on my husband with Ben and Jerry! 

sw/250 cw/140 gw/150          

LeaAnn
on 6/19/10 2:23 am - Huntsville, AL
LeaAnn
on 6/19/10 2:25 am - Huntsville, AL
A revision from a sleeve to a DS is a cakewalk for Dr. Ungson.  The sleeve is just the first half of the DS.  She's already halfway there.
Sheanie
on 6/21/10 4:33 am
Judy, if you're posting here as a fellow patient, why do you have "patient facilitator" in your signature line?  It gives the impression that you have credentials to back up your advice.  Why don't you post your degree instead?  That might give you more credibility than trying to appear like a patient facilitator, whatever that is.

Anyone considering DS in Mexico needs to read Larissa's story, among others.  She is now back in the US and no bariatric surgeon wants to touch her after her Mexico butcher did his work.  Do your research.

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

judycay
on 6/21/10 8:04 am, edited 6/21/10 8:04 am
I have changed my signature line and I am waiting to hear on this issue in regard to terms of service.  I post as a patient, I can not nor will not answer any question that has a medical angle or offer an opinion regarding any doctor.  I can only offer my personal perspective as a patient of more than 10 years of struggling with some life threatening complications. 

In the past 11 years the boards I have been on require any affiliations to be revealed in a signature and in fact will revoke membership if there is an affiliation that isn't disclosed.   I am waiting for clarification on OH - apparently there are no disclosure rules within this forum?
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
rugratmama
on 6/22/10 9:26 am - Charlotte, NC

I just want to say that I appreciate all the stories I've heard on these boards, both good and bad. I want to hear the truth not just stories that sound like sunshine and bubble gum. Bariatric surgery is no joke and I need all the advice and information that I can get.

I finally quit cheating on my husband with Ben and Jerry! 

sw/250 cw/140 gw/150          

Larissa P.
on 6/23/10 4:14 pm - Denton, TX
Just to make it clear, whatever you do stay away from Dr Huacuz.

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-medical-tourism-dangers-sto ry,0,440773.story

I was warned - again and again. DO NOT GO to Dr Huacuz. But the promise of a cheaper surgery made me stupid. Now, I am paying the price with my health and hopefully not with my life.

Spread the news story, spread my name. Let people know. I will dedicate my life to making sure this doctor never gets to butcher another patient again.

Larissa
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views