What is the word on Dr. Jaime Ponce DeLeon?

Cougar_in_Training
on 6/15/10 6:29 am
I am looking to have surgery and can't find much information on him. I see he works in collaboration with Dr. Almanza now but that is all I can find. Anyone here dealt  with him and have anything to share?

A little info on me would help I guess...

I am looking to have the biliopancreatic diversion or duodenal switch and need to find a surgeon in my budget of $8000. I have contacted Dr. Ungson and Sonneville both personally referred by friends and family but really can't afford $12k plus other costs. I guess if worst comes to worst I could wait til Christmas and use my gift money I always get from family but would really like to have it sooner than later.

Anyhow, that's all I want to know...
LAX11
on 6/15/10 8:01 am
I can tell you that Dr. Almanza had a patient while I was there that he felt had a severe issue and he would not do the procedure... He felt that only Dr. JP DeLeon would be the best to perform the procedure and sent her records to him...
snowbaby
on 6/15/10 10:40 am - Durango, CO
He and Verboonen just did my surgery last week. I know several people personally who have gone to him and claim he is top notch. I see he has a good deal going on the ad below but that is for another hospital that he collaborates with.
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

Jessi Bates
on 6/5/11 11:53 pm - Canada
Hi, my name is Jessi and I am booked on the 22nd for the verticle sleeve with Dr. Ponce de Leon. I am getting very afraid as there are two people I know here in Saskatoon that work for Weight Loss Forever and they are sending me very scary emails about him and for me not to go there. Plus they are saying that he is not a real doctor. I need help from someone who has been there on how is he, what kind of doctor is he, where exactly is INT Hospital, am I going to be safe? I am sorry but I am getting very terrified. Please answer me back at [email protected].

Thank you

Jessi
Jessi Bates   
06/22/11 - First Day of My Life Thanks To Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon TJ Mexico      
snowbaby
on 6/6/11 12:42 am - Durango, CO
I don't believe that Dr. Ponce is the one they are referring to. I've read several posts over the last year and a half that question Almanza but not Ponce. I just got back from TJ last week - my husband just had a VSG with Dr. Verboonen at INT Hospital. I saw Ponce while I was there. INT hospital is in the medical district which is a very nice area - I felt safe there and even went walking in the area without feeling uncomfortable. I think its good that Ponce is doing your surgery at INT instead of the "clinic" that Almanza uses. You will be in good hands at INT. If you are that concerned about Ponce you might consider looking into Verboonen. He will most likely charge around the same and may even match Ponce's price if you ask.
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

Jessi Bates
on 6/6/11 12:48 am - Canada
That sounds wonderful, it bothers me that people who have never met him have to say things like that to me. This INT Hospital - what city is it in as I am booking a flight to San Diego and Marlon is to meet me.
Jessi Bates   
Jessi Bates
on 6/27/11 11:08 pm - Canada
Hi, it is me again Jessi. Well, I am back from surgery done by Dr. Ponce and he is an absolute dream of a person and surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone. The INT hospital is so beautiful, clean and well run. Everyone was so good to me there, I was never alone for a minute. I am so happy I did not listen to the silly woman here where Iive as I would  have never had such a wonderful experience. I was even taken shopping.
Jessi
Jessi Bates   
Gabesmom128
on 2/7/12 1:11 am
 I am also looking to have surgery with Dr Ponce de Leon. Did you end up having surgery with him? how are you? Would you recommend him? Was the hospital a full on hospital or a clinic ? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have a 9 year old and am very nervous. Thanks!
indianbeauty
on 2/19/15 3:13 am - miami, FL

I to will be having sugery with Dr.ponce de leon 2/25/16

Ordinary Sammy
on 1/4/16 2:09 pm
Revision on 01/25/16

I am currently speaking with Trish about scheduling a revision surgery with Dr. Ponce de Leon for January 25th. Do you have any advice for someone just starting this process? Did you book with a coordinator? I am working with Trish. I am traveling alone and want to make sure I understand as much as possible before take off. 

Thanks and best of luck!

Samantha

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views