I'm in my room in Mexicali!!

sam30204
on 6/14/10 11:29 am
Man what a day! That was a heck of a trip! So far I give everyone an A+! If the hospitals in the US had it together like they do here we would be a lot better off!  The hotel here is literally like a spa! The pool is fantastic!! I wish I would've  known about the pool I would have brought a suit!  We got to eat whatever we wanted for our "last" meal and we had authentic Mexican YUMMY!  Later Dr Aceves is COMING TO THE HOTEL TO MEET ME!! Can you believe that? He was in a long bypass case today and wanted to make sure to meet with me b4 surgery! I am impressed with that. He will be here at 7:30. I had my blood drawn, urine collected, EKG, Chest Xray all in about  30 minutes. AND met with the anesthesiologist! He is great!!! They told me I can have 1 real "drink" tonite and gave me a Ativan! Whoo hoo somebody is sleeping good tonite!! :)   I will update after surgery soon as I am able. Thanks for all the prayers and shout outs! You guys are the best!!!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

lolalucy
on 6/14/10 12:09 pm
 Yay Sam glad you had a good trip there.  Enjoy your evening and I will be thinking of you until you return.
jenni80
on 6/14/10 2:00 pm
Woo hoo sam, its sounds wonderful already.  cant wait to hear from you after surgery.  will say prayers for you tonight and I know you will do great!

Jeanette  

NursieGirl
on 6/14/10 2:22 pm
Awesome!  Sounds like a vacation!

FabBy50 .
on 6/14/10 4:46 pm - Everett, WA
Next time I talk to you, you will be a sleeved sista!!!! Congrats!!
Boscogirl
on 6/14/10 11:36 pm - TX
Yea Sam!!  I will look forward to your next post as a sleevester!! :D
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
shendricks
on 6/15/10 12:44 am - Wolf Point, Mt
Sam-  Great to hear that all is going well. So today is the big day will say an extra prayer for you.  I can't wait to hear about your experience not just today but over the next couple of months.  I am planning on going to Mexicali in December to be sleeved.  I am excited and a bit scared.  Enjoy and from a nurse a little post op advice- take the post op pain meds before you are in to much pain.  I am sure that you will do well and before you know it will be on your way home and to a new life.

Sharon

LifeLover
on 6/15/10 4:15 am - Hoover, AL
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You may already be out of surgery already. Please update us all when you are feeling up to it.

XOXOXO,
Christi
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

sam30204
on 6/15/10 5:47 am
Well guys Im still waiting. I dont know why but they have decidied to do mine last.:( Im a bit aggravated to be honest. I guess thats the way it goes.:)  I will update soon as I actually get sleeved

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

LifeLover
on 6/15/10 9:01 am - Hoover, AL
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping you were already in and out by now. Surely you may be recovering now. I look forward to hearing your update soon. :)

XOXOXO,
Christi
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views