Sue Coordinators

judycay
on 6/17/10 1:03 am
1) I am not poking fun at this child nor am I being sarcastic.   She mentions she would like to file suit in Mexico - she can do that if she desires - she seems to think it isn't possible and it is.   Mexico does have laws and I do dislike the perception that there is no way to address recourse.

2) I believe all should be held accountable for what they say - is that sarcastic?   Why would you find honesty sarcastic?

3) I am happy her Mommy is on the road to recovery - why is wishing her mother well poking fun at her?   I do hope she is well, why would that be a bad thing?

4) And she does need to improve her writing - she is young and I do so hope she stays in school - I suppose encouraging her to get an education is wrong - that is poking fun too? 

What is your agenda?
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/10 1:14 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On June 17, 2010 at 8:03 AM Pacific Time, judycay wrote:
1) I am not poking fun at this child nor am I being sarcastic.   She mentions she would like to file suit in Mexico - she can do that if she desires - she seems to think it isn't possible and it is.   Mexico does have laws and I do dislike the perception that there is no way to address recourse.

2) I believe all should be held accountable for what they say - is that sarcastic?   Why would you find honesty sarcastic?

3) I am happy her Mommy is on the road to recovery - why is wishing her mother well poking fun at her?   I do hope she is well, why would that be a bad thing?

4) And she does need to improve her writing - she is young and I do so hope she stays in school - I suppose encouraging her to get an education is wrong - that is poking fun too? 

What is your agenda?
That is not the way your message came across to me at all.

Let's just assume for the moment that you were indeed being supportive in your reply to the young lady. Do you really feel your last point ( # 4 ) was in any way shape or form supportive and/or wanted ?

SMDH
judycay
on 6/17/10 1:25 am
I have pushed, nagged, begged my children and grandchildren to make education the 1# priority in life  - suppose that is wrong?   That child needs to stay in school regardless of what people on this board think, say or do!
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/10 1:36 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On June 17, 2010 at 8:25 AM Pacific Time, judycay wrote:
I have pushed, nagged, begged my children and grandchildren to make education the 1# priority in life  - suppose that is wrong?   That child needs to stay in school regardless of what people on this board think, say or do!
She never suggested she was going to drop out of school and the inference is insulting, at best.

Shedidn't discuss being unable to sue in MX, she pointed out that the coordinators lying about licensing, board certification, etc. should be held liable for their behaviors.

FastFingers ~*~
on 6/18/10 10:20 am
Nobody gives a flying fark what you do with your own family members, who would look to you for advice and encouragement when it comes to education.

This girl isn't your responsibility, and even if she WERE, this is not the time or the place to "make her education the #1 priority".  Right now, her #1 priority is her mother's health.

Get over your sick need to see to the world's education and focus on the matter at hand.

Flying Spagetti Monster

"Doubt everything.  Find your own light."
--
Last words of Gautama Buddha, in Theravada tradition

FastFingers ~*~
on 6/18/10 10:17 am, edited 6/18/10 10:22 am
On June 17, 2010 at 8:03 AM Pacific Time, judycay wrote:
1) I am not poking fun at this child nor am I being sarcastic. She mentions she would like to file suit in Mexico - she can do that if she desires - she seems to think it isn't possible and it is. Mexico does have laws and I do dislike the perception that there is no way to address recourse.

2) I believe all should be held accountable for what they say - is that sarcastic? Why would you find honesty sarcastic?

3) I am happy her Mommy is on the road to recovery - why is wishing her mother well poking fun at her? I do hope she is well, why would that be a bad thing?

4) And she does need to improve her writing - she is young and I do so hope she stays in school - I suppose encouraging her to get an education is wrong - that is poking fun too?

What is your agenda?
Wow, you REALLY like a numbered list, don't you?

You seem to be the one with an agenda - that of belittling CHILDREN online to make yourself seem smarter. It only serves to make you appear meaner and self aggrandizing.

As for your item #4, there is a time and a place, and this is NOT it. Did you ever hear the old adage that it is better to be nice than it is to be right? This would be the time and place for that.

Your insistence that this sixteen year old GIRL use proper grammar, punctuation, and format is not only absurd, but also obnoxious, given the cir****tances.

RollTideRoll may be young and emotional, but despite that, the way you belittled her writing skills shows that she is still more mature than you are.

If you want to be a teacher, by all means, go for it. But do us all a favor, and get yourself some pupils who know they're being graded. This poor kid isn't here to brush up on Strunk & White or work on her SAT prep, for Pete's sake.

ETA: to correct the OP's name

Flying Spagetti Monster

"Doubt everything.  Find your own light."
--
Last words of Gautama Buddha, in Theravada tradition

rere49
on 6/17/10 12:56 am, edited 6/17/10 12:57 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
You go Pumpkin!!!!!  They need to leave this child alone. I didn't know spelling and writing style counted on the boards!!
judycay
on 6/17/10 1:35 am
Blocking is truly a blessing!
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
rere49
on 6/17/10 1:50 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with

It's the little button on the right

judycay
on 6/17/10 10:25 am
Gee Michelle - is that all the better you can do?   I am sorely disappointed.
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 428 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 619 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics