Healthy Snacks?

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/10 2:26 am
Sargento Sting Cheese.......  reduced fat.   50 calories, 6g protein.  From Sam's Club.  Love it!
judycay
on 6/13/10 7:00 am

Snacks:
3 cooked shrimp (I buy the bags of pre-cooked on sale, pull out what i need and put in a ziplock in the fridge to defrost)

Soy nuts

String cheese (low fat)

raw veggies

Whatever meat was left over from dinner night before (chicken, beef, pork) run thru the food processor with a tiny bit of mayo, pickle relish and grated onion on whole grain crackers

peanut butter on celery

foil packets of salmon & tuna when traveling

Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
CAMom
on 6/14/10 12:46 am

imonalot37
-
My little froggy is so cute. hehe

browneyedDeeva - GOOD IDEA with bagging only a few for snack!!! 

Thanks for all the great ideas. I'll have some new things to buy at the grocery store this week. :)

Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

judycay
on 6/14/10 3:02 am
I travel a lot, I keep a small lunch cooler in my truck because i get hungry frequently and eat tiny amounts.    Throwing 3 frozen shrimp in there in a snack zip lock along with a couple bottles of water a slice of deli ham rolled up and some baby carrots is the best way to travel.

Poor Planning Predicts Poor Performance!   Have your snacks and meals planned out before the hunger hits so you make better choices.   If I wait until the last minute hunger rules my head and the choices are sometimes less than ideal.

When my children lived at home we kept a white board on the side of the fridge.  I am always high energy in the morning so first thing every day I wrote out the menu for the day and listed the available snacks in the house (with teenage boys in the house this was a MUST).   This worked well then and I still use the same system even though only 2 of us live in the house now.   Menus are planned on the weekend when I shop, I leave enough flexibility so I can make last minute changes if a day gets away from me.   If I am going to make a mess in the kitchen, I double the mess by doubling my recipes and freezing half for a day that gets away from me.   My available snacks are also listed - I need the visual reminder even 10 years after my first wls.

The first year after my wls - I kept a laminated sheet on my fridge that said  "What Are You Really Looking For?"   I needed the reminder to squelch the head hunger and to come to terms with the reality that if I am angry at my husband or upset with the kids - resolution will not be found in the refrigerator.   It is OK to be angry, happy, sad and we don't have to smoother feelings with food!
Judy 

Lapband Mar 2000/2005
Intestinal Erosion 2006
Sleeve Revision 2007
RNY Revision 2008
emeraldskye
on 6/14/10 5:02 am - Vancouver, Canada
Pork rinds.  Not super healthy but they are low carb.
            Plus an additional 42.2lbs pre op! Starting weight 300lbs.                 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 428 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 619 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1205 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1832 views