Healthy Snacks?

CAMom
on 6/11/10 11:46 am
I am finding it hard to eat a lot of little meals. I want to start adding a snack or two... that is healthy. I can't stand yogurt anymore so none of that. lol I love cheese so I snack on that from time to time.  What are some of the things you guys snack on?
Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

lolalucy
on 6/11/10 12:06 pm
 I boil a few eggs every few days and keep them in the fridge in a bowl so I can have one when I want.  Also jerky every now and then but it is high in sodium.  I also keep tuna mixed with just a small amt of mayo ready and eat it on wheat thins flatbread.  Thats a great snack.
CAMom
on 6/11/10 12:13 pm
OOOH that does sounds very good. I love the tuna idea... I will HAVE to keep some good crackers on hand tho.. or I will reach for the bread. NO. lol

Boiled eggs are so yummy and actually... now I think I have a craving. lol Good idea!

hollykim
on 6/11/10 2:06 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I also have boiled eggs,scrambled eggs deviled eggs
jerky,tuna
string cheese
almonds
protein shakes and bars
sf pudding with unflavored protein powder
lunch meat

Glad you are doing well,
Holly

bigisbad
on 6/11/10 2:14 pm - Canada, Canada
Holly... nice to hear from you
Hope all is well.

FWLizzie
on 6/11/10 2:45 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I love string cheese and boiled eggs!

greenbaygirl
on 6/11/10 5:06 pm - Hobart, WI
We do cashews, deviled eggs, and Arby's meat (you can buy it for $5.00 a pound thru June) lots of protein.  Trail mix (healthy kind) we keep in the car along with the cashews.

CAMom
on 6/12/10 12:37 am
OOOhh I have to stay away from almonds. I LOVE them. Pre-op I use to buy the big bags at costco (trying to get healthy) and I would sit and snack on them ALLLLLLLLL flippin day. lol They are so healthy if you eat a handful... however they are not all that healthy if you eat the bag! lol oh yea, and TMI -- they are extremely gassy! HA

I can't take anymore SF Pudding. BLAH... I bought a bunch for the soft diet and man.. I just don't care for it anymore. It's so sweet. I definitely prefer salt or sugar. Gimmie a bag of potato chips and I am set. haha KIDDING! Proud of myself tho cause I have not had any greasy fatting kettle chips since I had surgery. I have snacked on some corn chips but that is because it goes down SO well and makes me feel good if my tummy is acting up. lol Anyone else notice how good corn chips feel on the stomach?

Eggs, cheese, jerky, trail mix... all of it sounds pretty good. I haven't eaten breakfast this morn. Thinking a nice tall glass of protein shake will do it.. blah.. lol

Anew Start
on 6/12/10 2:19 am
just had to tell you, your jumping frog amuses me!

browneyedDeeva
on 6/12/10 3:09 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
i love almonds tooooo what i used to do with them is bag up 23 at a time and thats the limit for me in one day. its 2 points on ww so im used to having that and actually it was enuff for me then now maybe 1 or 2 lolol

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 424 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 614 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1201 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1826 views