Alcohol after weight loss...

FWLizzie
on 6/11/10 6:16 am - Fort Worth, TX
Ok guys, today will be the first time that I'll go do girls night out. We will go to a Mexican Restaurant for an early dinner (already know what I'll have) then we will go see Sex In The City and to a piano bar after that....I've had a hard and long day and am really craving a good drink.

How was your first drink after WLS and what would you suggest???

Liz

N H.
on 6/11/10 6:19 am - FL
#1-Have a dedicated driver!

#2-empty calories, cabs, yada...

#3-I occasionally drink and for me it really takes less (I guess since there is less of me!) and sneaks up on me.  Two margaritas and I am snoring in the booth!

Have a great time.

Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
sam30204
on 6/11/10 6:22 am
Sounds fun!!! Love girls nights!! I already knwo my first drink will be in September (my birthday) and it will be bloody mary :)

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

FWLizzie
on 6/11/10 6:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks, I'm kind of worried lol...never been a drinker. I'm the type that sits with a margarita and sips for hours.

We'll have it before the movie and all 3 places are all within a walking distance...pretty much in the same shopping center :)

FWLizzie
on 6/11/10 6:23 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'm thinking Cranberry and vodka?

browneyedDeeva
on 6/11/10 7:43 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
heyyyyyy
have a great time sex was a cute movie im a margaretta drinker too but i have always read that cosmopolitan is the least caloric but in any case if u drink it like that im sure anything would be ok have funnnnnnnnnnn

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

lolalucy
on 6/11/10 7:51 am
 Hey Liz I had my first drink about a month ago and one glass of wine I was pretty tipsy.  But I also noticed it wore off faster than it used to as well.  Have fun tonight!
FabBy50 .
on 6/11/10 8:27 am - Everett, WA
Liz

One margarita will knock your socks off!!! Trust me, I had one and a few chips a few months after surgery.I got very sick feeling and had to go home and take a nap!! And have a DD because it hits you a lot faster! Have fun tonight!!
LifeLover
on 6/11/10 9:07 am - Hoover, AL
I have only drank once since surgery and it was actually a shot of Jägermeister. lol I was absolutely fine, but that one shot did it for me. It hits you pretty quick and it doesn't take much. I have never been a drinker either. Have fun with the ladies!!!!

XOXOXO,
Christi
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

CAMom
on 6/11/10 11:42 am
I didn't know if it was just me or what... but 1/2 a drink did it for me. I couldn't get the whole thing down. lol It really knocked me good too. No more tall margaritas for me. lol I really MISS being able to order a drink or two.... but the calories... ahhh...  ;)
Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 424 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 614 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1201 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1826 views