not sure if my new tummy is ready for soft foods !!!!!

browneyedDeeva
on 6/9/10 8:20 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hey everyone,
ma-ma-mia !!!! today i began soft foods. i started out with a shake . it was good , then lunch i had a hard boiled egg and a lil mayo, mashed it up good so i thought , and ewwww tummy was sooooo full and like blah feeling then it finally went away after like an hour then for dinner, i had made the baked ricotta that shelly has on her blog a very small square and again same feeling blahhhhh so ya think i should stay on full liquids for another week? thank you in advance for those that respond.

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

FabBy50 .
on 6/9/10 9:16 am - Everett, WA
That blah feeling is being too full, your first few weeks-months on solids you will only be able to eat a VERY small amount. When I started on solids I could only eat about 5-10 bites. Be patient, it will come!! Pasta is probably not a good thing to start with, try refried beans, cottage cheese, yogurt they will go down much easier.

Good luck and happy losing!!
browneyedDeeva
on 6/9/10 10:39 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with

i havent had pasta yet just a mashed up egg and then some ricotta but i think thats what i may have done had one too many bytes thank you again

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

bigisbad
on 6/9/10 12:57 pm - Canada, Canada
Yup... sounds like TOO much food.
I didnt go to solids for almost a month. From liquids I went to mushies.
Lots of tuna. One can would last for 4 to 5 meals.
And ya... that blah feeling sucks.
Still wish I ate more cause I know I have to.
Im just not hungry and still only eat 4 oz of food a day.
But sounds like your on your way!

browneyedDeeva
on 6/9/10 1:23 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
heyyyy,
i was thinking too much food too ,but on my list the egg counts as a mushie i wont have solids till the end of the month i wonder if i should measure my food 2-4 ounces to see what my tummy will hold ? oh yeah i bought plenty of Tuna too hey Big we need to shed almost the same amount less 4 ounces
thanks again !!!

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

bigisbad
on 6/9/10 2:30 pm - Canada, Canada
Ive never measured anything but its probably not a bad idea.
I can have 1 egg but have a hard time having 2
You will find the right amount soon.
Good Luck

LAX11
on 6/10/10 4:59 am
I too have started and I'm using those little mouthwash size cups... I filled it up with cottage cheese today at the office... it took about 1/2 hr to eat bit/by/bite.... I find the cups allow me to know how much to take at a time so as not to get the full feeling... not only is it working....it looks like a lot of food to eat...

BTY... did your drain opening close ok?

browneyedDeeva
on 6/10/10 5:29 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hey sweetie,
good idea on the mouth wash size cups
today i tried again the baked ricotta (shellys recipe) and had so little of it and yayyyyyyy i was fine
and i ate slowlyyyyyyy . my drain hole is great prob the size of a lentil bean hows urs doing? and how r u doing shedding weight?

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views