extra skin

liveNbetter
on 6/6/10 2:21 pm - Canada
    I was kinda wondering ,I have alot of belly fat and dangly arms and I was wondering is there a way to make sure I won't have to go and get it all removed after I loose the weight. I really don't like the idea of spending more money to have a boob job and tummy tuck and whatnot.
      Connie
FWLizzie
on 6/6/10 2:52 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Know what you mean but in my case, I think I will have to go back for the "Mommy Makeover"!

Liz

browneyedDeeva
on 6/6/10 11:17 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hey Connie,
it all depends how much weight u have lost and how great ur skin bounces back as far as elasticity goes i know some 8 yrs ago when i ahd a tummy tuck my muscles were so damaged no matter how many situps or crunches i did my tummy wasnt budging so in all reality u may need the mommy makeover as she suggested
but in know in mexico its sooooooooooooooo inexpensive good luck

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

liveNbetter
on 6/7/10 12:11 am - Canada
Thx Ladies..I am kinda hoping I wouldnt have to go and get anymore done on myself I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Loven my Sleeve
                            Connie
Boscogirl
on 6/7/10 6:01 am - TX

You just never know about it.  Sometimes skin does bounce back really well and a lot of times it doesn't.  I know genetics has a lot to do with it.  Somehow I was blessed with good skin elasticity and I am pretty sure I won't "need" surgery...I won't look like a 22 year old but I don't think I will have hanging skin.  I guess in the end I could be wrong but so far I'm not seeing the signs and I am encouraged by the fact that after 3 pregnancies I have no loose skin or stretchmarks.  I think that would be a good indicator for most people.  If your skin bounced back after pregnancy it may very well bounce back after weightloss.  Maybe yours will...I hope so! :D

Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
zsflower
on 6/7/10 8:21 am - Elk Grove, CA
Wow!  No stretch marks or loose skin after 3 pregnancies?  Lucky you! 

I was FULL of flapping skin!  They removed 10 lbs of skin just with my tummy tuck.  He even said I had very little fat, it was mostly skin!  Then they also removed a big ball of fat and skin from the top of each of my thighs. 

Next to get my arms and face done!  I might do breasts later...we'll see.

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/10 10:16 am - AZ
There really isn't anything you can do to prevent it. You lose weight and then discover if it's there or not. ;o)
liveNbetter
on 6/7/10 2:12 pm - Canada
Well then my hopes are To have the least amount of loose skin as possible and hopefully I wont need to get to much done on myself..GRR the cost of beauty lol
   Thx all
                    Connie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views