surgery scheduled 6/30 with Dr Almanza

cook9705
on 6/5/10 12:40 pm - Irmo, SC
Hi everyone. I am new to the boards, but figured I will most likely need some understanding support as I embark on this journey. The date is set, hotel is booked, and money is in the bank. My anxiety is through the roof. I am going alone because my support  system at home is minimal. I dug my heels in and am doing what is best for me at this point in my life. Any advice would be appreciated.

Melissa
sfasogbon
on 6/5/10 1:04 pm - Parkersburg, WV
 We will JUST miss each other...mine is on the 5th!! Good luck and congrats on your date, it's SOON!!! :)

emeraldskye
on 6/5/10 1:06 pm, edited 6/5/10 2:12 pm - Vancouver, Canada
I really do wish you the best of luck.

My favourite thing that I was most grateful for when I had my surgery was my heating pad.  It felt so good and I swear it helped to dissipate some of the gas.  Oh and take some Gas-X strips.
            Plus an additional 42.2lbs pre op! Starting weight 300lbs.                 
NursieGirl
on 6/23/10 2:43 am
This may be a stupid question, but where exactly did you place the heating pad for relief?  It didn't increase any swelling or anything like that?

cook9705
on 6/5/10 1:10 pm, edited 6/5/10 1:11 pm - Irmo, SC

I never even thought about a heating pad. I just put it on the list. Thanks!  I wish you both the best with your surgeries and after.

Bryan2088
on 6/5/10 1:33 pm - Lynnwood, WA
 I'm on the 17th, I feel the same way.  I'm gonna put a heating pad in my luggage now.
Thanks for the advise.
FWLizzie
on 6/5/10 3:30 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Melissa and good luck to you, Bryan and Shannon as you prepare for the surgery.

It'll be here before you know it. Make sure to include gas-x strips, they will make a big difference.

Melissa, stay in touch so you can keep us posted! Shannon and Bryan, you know you're family now :)

Liz

bigisbad
on 6/5/10 4:13 pm - Canada, Canada
Hello Melissa and congrats on the decision for wls.
Best advice... stay out of all the drama that one can get involved with.
Many people will help you in this forum but some will try to scare the crap out of you.
Mainly due to the fact that you picked a surgeon that is being chastised.

I also used Dr. A and so far... so good.
Remember, you don't know me or any of the other posters so take what you read with a grain of salt. Make your own decisions and stick to your guns.

Wishing you a very "uneventful surgery"

TR

bigisbad
on 6/5/10 4:18 pm - Canada, Canada
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Not hijacking your post but I just reviewed what I typed and saw that I am at my half way mark!
Eight weeks and down 65 pounds!
65 more to go!
I am happy!
Again... had to put this somewhere...
Good Luck and I hope you get the same results

emeraldskye
on 6/5/10 4:57 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Wow, that is amazing!
            Plus an additional 42.2lbs pre op! Starting weight 300lbs.                 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views