Dr Castaneda

Peter F.
on 6/2/10 1:17 pm - Hialeah, FL
Hi All,

A few weeks ago I was at odds with this operation, because I could not find any information about this Doctor.  I struggled and thaks to a patient of Dr. Castaneda she told me about him, which put me at ease. 

I got operated in Guadalajara by Dr. Castaneda and everything went very well.  I went through Medical Tourism and they people there especially Hazel are great.

If anyone wants the details or process I went through (just email me)

But the operation went well and the Doctor checked up with me by phone or a hotel viist daily.
They service was great.

I had a talk with the Doctor and asked him why he is not so well known.

His answer that he needs to do a little better in marketing.  He has many years of experience with Medical Tourism as well as with the private practice here in Mexico.

If you need any reassurance or need any information about Dr. Castaneda please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Peter F.
FWLizzie
on 6/2/10 10:11 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Peter,

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Congratulations, keep us posted on your progress!

Liz

browneyedDeeva
on 6/3/10 7:44 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
i am very glad you had a wonderful experience with ur dr i too had the surgery as the same day as u
im feeling fantastic good luck and continued success

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

JoanieW
on 6/7/10 10:51 pm
Hi Peter,

I am thinking about this doctor for VSG.  Did you have your surgery?  What did you think of Dr. Castaneda?  I would also love to know the process you went through.

Hope you are doing great!

Thanks,
Joan
Peter F.
on 6/7/10 11:02 pm, edited 6/7/10 11:05 pm - Hialeah, FL

Hi Joan,

I had the RNY - Gastric By Pass.  If you read my original post, at the time I had decided to do the operation with Dr. Castanena there was very little about him on the web.  I was able to contact a Tamikin on this board she had the VSG just like you are planning and gave me some ease about the Doctor.

I was very happy with the Doctor and his staff.  The RYN is little different then the VSG (not much).

The day of the operation and the next three days you feel som discomfort but tolerable. But afterwards I have felt fine.  It is important to take someone with you a partner that will help you get up and walk with you after surgery.  You don't want someone like a granny, but some that can really be of help.  You can do it all really but there are thing you might need help with, like bending down to pick something up, you can do it but it feels funny.

Love to hear more about you especially where are you going to Puerto Vallarta or GDL?

This is considered a rebirth, liberation from your old life to a new one.  The day I woke up from the operation, most all the people while this status of discomfort go through the denial stage, why did I do this this crazy... blah blah blah... just now there are better days ahead.

Keep in touch.

Peter F.

JoanieW
on 6/9/10 4:49 am
Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for the information.  I am waiting on the doctor's stats.  I'll let you know what I find out.  If I go, it will be to Puerto Vallarta.  My friend is going with me, and she is concerned about going to any of the border towns.  Thanks, Joanie
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/10 2:25 am - AZ
Please don't go through Medical Tourism or any other such company, they just sign on any doctor that will sign on the dotted line. They usually add about $1500 to your surgery bill. Go straight to the source, research your decision, and go from there.

Med Tourism pushes Almanza.... 'nuff said?
JoanieW
on 6/9/10 4:53 am
Hi Midwesterngirl,

I am going through Medical Tourism, but doing research on my own as well.  One of the doctor's quotes was $600 more than what MT quoted.  They haven't tried to push Almanza.  Maybe they aren't doing that anymore.  Thanks for any info you have.  Joanie
Peter F.
on 6/14/10 5:35 am, edited 6/14/10 5:36 am - Hialeah, FL
Hi Again Joanie,

I stayed away from the Tijuana and other border towns because of the conflicts in Mexico with the Drug cartels and the US and immigrations.  I have lived in Mexico and Guadalajara and/or Puerto Vallarta are very nice.  I recommend Puerto Vallarta is a beach town and when they ask you to walk you will have a nice beautiful view of the pacific ocean and hopefully a nice cool breeze to enjoy.

God Bless,

Peter  F.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views