Dr. Almanza and his staff were AWESOME!

wannabhealthy45
on 6/3/10 7:15 am - Canada
I have read many many comments and criticisms about many doctors from Mexico and have never said a thing, just sat back and thought..what on earth do these people have against these doctors.  They are doctors, not GOD.  There is always a chance of error, complications etc.   I'm just wondering why some people are so adamant about slamming and making note of infections not caught by a few doctors.  I'm not hearing about all other surgeries that are preformed throughout the world every day that have complications.  It is a risk anyone takes when going under the knife.  We are all well aware that something can go wrong when we sign the consent forms.  It is a horrible situation and I pray that anyone and everyone that comes away from WLS or any other surgery with complications ends up on the road to recovery fast.  Most of us are lucky that we do not have complications but there is always the risk.  Thankfully the % is low but it is still a risk.

Just my thoughts....

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

LAX11
on 6/5/10 11:41 pm
yes, good insite... most adults recognize this... and it's even a closer link with only another TJ doctor.... all to convenient..... but it explains the Bariatric war going on in TJ with so many opportunities and one of the DOC having the losest cost to attract business... again follow the money...
wannabhealthy45
on 6/3/10 7:22 am - Canada
Dulce,

Congratulations girl!!!!  Glad you are home and had a great experience.  I loved the staff there too...especially loved the shopping trips..tee hee hee :)

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

sweetcandygirl
on 6/3/10 7:56 am - Compton, CA
 Thanks Everyone for all the love and support. You guys are awesome!

Dulce
LAX11
on 6/4/10 2:20 am
Hi

glad everything worked for you... Me too... I had absolutely no issues and had a great experience. The whole trip was exactly what I expected... I agree with wantabehealthy... somehow the Bariatric Surgeons are at war in TJ with Dr A because of his low costs and newbees have to work out what is a good choice for them.... all the best to everyone....
FWLizzie
on 6/4/10 8:28 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi and glad to hear everything is going great!

zsflower
on 6/4/10 2:21 pm - Elk Grove, CA
Yes Dulce!  Here is to the NEW YOU!  Keep us posted on your weight loss!

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?