Dr. Almanza and his staff were AWESOME!

sweetcandygirl
on 6/1/10 8:04 am - Compton, CA
Hi Everyone,

First of all I like to say thank you again for being such great supporters thru out this journey. All your prayers did an awesome job.

I am back home and doing great! Very minor discomfort but no pain at all. Havent needed pain meds since I left the hospital on Saturday.

My experience with Dr. Almanza and his team was nohing but amazing. Now it could be that I am Mexican, been in TJ before and spoke the language but even that set aside, the staff is just super great. His staff was very attentive and polite and just nice. They would do anything you ask them to do and that made me feel even more comfortable. Although I was super nervous, once I got there it was so fast that before I knew it I was in the surgery table! Recovery was wayyyyy better than I expected, did have gas but nothing that made me cry or anthing. Just had to stay in the hospital 1 day and the rest where at the recovery house. The house is super cute and has all that you need to feel like you are back at home. My last day there, I was the only one in the house so I got all the attention :) Drivers took me to all the places I wanted to go, no rush, no pressure to hurry back, it was like family. I got to be known as the "Only lady that speaks Spanish" LOL...thats was cute to hear.

To anyone that is going to have the surgery done there or is thinking of doing it there, I say go for it! The Dr is great, he takes his time to explain the procedure and answer any questions if you have any. From there, again the staff is there to take care of you every step of the way. I never was alone in the hospital, staff was always available and willing to assist me. They were even concern with my niece who travel with me to assure she ate and rested! I mean, where do you get that now a days??

Ok, well again I like to say TY to all that supported me, you guys are awesome and keep up the good work!

Oh, my personal recommendation for after care....drink the Herbalife Aloe concentrate in Mango. It helps the healing process inside and helps with the gas that you may experience. Or just buy any Aloe of your choice (just make sure its natural) and add some crystal light or something for the sour taste the aloe has. I can drink that as much as I can with no problems at all. Aloe is an old Mexican tradition to take when having surgery or to be put on for cuts and sun burn. I plan to put some on my wounds once the stiches are removed to speed up the healing and it also helps to minimize scars ;)

Here is to the new Me!!

Dulce
sam30204
on 6/1/10 8:33 am
Congrats on being on the other side and the positive experience! Im less than 2 weeks from my surgery!:)

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

jenni80
on 6/1/10 10:28 am
Congrats on having surgery and it went so well!  Great to hear you did so well and your post op now!!!!

Jeanette  

bigisbad
on 6/1/10 1:28 pm - Canada, Canada
Great to hear all went well.
Look behind you... you dropped a few pounds ;)0

bigisbad
on 6/1/10 1:33 pm - Canada, Canada
OUCH!
My damn toe just turned black...
You now have to learn to pick those pounds up as they drop off...
Good Luck

browneyedDeeva
on 6/1/10 1:48 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
yeahhhhhhh,
im so happy for you , i too had a wonderful experience with DR A and his staff but i couldnt do it without the help of my coordinator Patti she did everything for me
welcome to the losers bench

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Bryan2088
on 6/1/10 4:46 pm - Lynnwood, WA
On June 1, 2010 at 3:04 PM Pacific Time, sweetcandygirl wrote:
Hi Everyone,

First of all I like to say thank you again for being such great supporters thru out this journey. All your prayers did an awesome job.

I am back home and doing great! Very minor discomfort but no pain at all. Havent needed pain meds since I left the hospital on Saturday.

My experience with Dr. Almanza and his team was nohing but amazing. Now it could be that I am Mexican, been in TJ before and spoke the language but even that set aside, the staff is just super great. His staff was very attentive and polite and just nice. They would do anything you ask them to do and that made me feel even more comfortable. Although I was super nervous, once I got there it was so fast that before I knew it I was in the surgery table! Recovery was wayyyyy better than I expected, did have gas but nothing that made me cry or anthing. Just had to stay in the hospital 1 day and the rest where at the recovery house. The house is super cute and has all that you need to feel like you are back at home. My last day there, I was the only one in the house so I got all the attention :) Drivers took me to all the places I wanted to go, no rush, no pressure to hurry back, it was like family. I got to be known as the "Only lady that speaks Spanish" LOL...thats was cute to hear.

To anyone that is going to have the surgery done there or is thinking of doing it there, I say go for it! The Dr is great, he takes his time to explain the procedure and answer any questions if you have any. From there, again the staff is there to take care of you every step of the way. I never was alone in the hospital, staff was always available and willing to assist me. They were even concern with my niece who travel with me to assure she ate and rested! I mean, where do you get that now a days??

Ok, well again I like to say TY to all that supported me, you guys are awesome and keep up the good work!

Oh, my personal recommendation for after care....drink the Herbalife Aloe concentrate in Mango. It helps the healing process inside and helps with the gas that you may experience. Or just buy any Aloe of your choice (just make sure its natural) and add some crystal light or something for the sour taste the aloe has. I can drink that as much as I can with no problems at all. Aloe is an old Mexican tradition to take when having surgery or to be put on for cuts and sun burn. I plan to put some on my wounds once the stiches are removed to speed up the healing and it also helps to minimize scars ;)

Here is to the new Me!!

Dulce
 Thanks sweetcandygirl!  I'm seeing him on the 17th.
FWLizzie
on 6/1/10 11:35 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Dulce,

Glad to hear are going great for you. Welcome to the Loser's bench.

Keep us posted chica!

Liz

Boscogirl
on 6/2/10 1:14 am - TX
So happy to hear that everything went well!!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/10 3:06 am
Glad to hear all went well! You're going to do great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views